No announcement yet.

Does 36% of America still support Bush?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If there were an election today. Hilary Clinton vs Bush my prediction is that Bush would win. People might not "approve" of Bush but they prefer him to the alternative.

Personally, I am a Libertarian so I never "approve" of the presidents policies.

Comment

That's what pissed off his base and why they are now rebelling against him. Just look at DanS' recent thread where the relief bill was getting all the Reactionaries up in arms because it was "loaded with pork." -TS
      What, is this a touchy issue around here or something? I would have guessed 'Polypeeps would be intelligent enough not to play "Its Black!" "It's White!" snowball with such a typical practice in US legislature: The loading down of one Bill with the slag from another..........the shoveling through of the inexcusable on the backs of the undeniable...........etc.!

Now here comes TS and other long time posters saying things about "Woo woo, look at the evil reaction to Pork! They want everyone in New Orleans to die!". This is utter nonsense and you know it. Galloway on your Avatar knows it, and this 'Poly member can't figure out why you'd make this side comment other than to illicit a reply like this: "Dumb!".

Nothing against you Striker, and I don't know the thread you refer to, but I felt like this post was rather a bunch of psuedo-polarizing tripe that might work on gittery ADHD latte-snorting band-wagoners at the grocery but shouldn't come off too well here with more than a shrug.

----------

The comparison of Bush to Carter is brilliant!

----------

Now my comment: I think his approval probably is quite below 36%, but considering no polling agencies have refuted this we might as well accept it: Even the worst president will have those loyal to them, or like the above poster says, people who think: "At least he's better than having that Clinton Woman!". Ugh.

We got what we paid for, and what do his approval ratings mean anyways? It could be 1% and he'd still be president. More people would stonewall his initiatives, etc..., but really, approval means almost zero in secnod term.......doesn't it?
      Aldebaran 2.1 for Smax is in Beta Testing. Join us for our first Succession Game

Comment

LOL

n00b trying to masquerade as though he is above it all.

Talks of polarization but makes a polarizing post.

Good try though.
        We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Ted, he thoroughly pwned you.

Smacksim . I hope you post in the Off Topic more often.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

There are a great many people who will always believe Democrats are "democommies" or that their side can do no wrong so far left or far right it would be utterly amazing if any president slipped much lower then the mid 30's. Even Nixon didn't get below that.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

And how would you know what companies DanS owns stock in?
              I don't. None of us knows whether he even owns any stock in any company.

Comment

Then what the hell was your post talking about?

Comment

The only post I've made in this thread said there will always be people who will support their side no matter what. I thought that was clear.

Edit: Ok, you were talking to VJ.
                  Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I'm just connecting the dots here.

Any other theories of why his double standard exists are gladly accepted.

Comment

Originally posted by VJ
                      I'm just connecting the dots here.

Any other theories of why his double standard exists are gladly accepted.

Personal attacks with no basis for them
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                        Ted, he thoroughly pwned you.

Smacksim . I hope you post in the Off Topic more often.
                        LOL

You're just mad because I got you earlier.

Now take your mouth off of Smacksim's penis.
                        We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

I understand your principled opposition to speculation about other posters, but... saying that a person owns stocks of some corporation is now a personal attack?

Comment

You're just mad because I got you earlier.

You got me what? A present?

Ah Ted... a legend in his own mind

saying that a person owns stocks of some corporation is now a personal attack

Please, you used that statement to accuse him of hypocrisy. Don't play the innocent after the fact now!

Comment

I love these posts coming in here about people pretending to be above the personal attacks and polarizations, when they are some of the worst culprits themselves.

It's like when someone says, "Not to be rude, but.." [then says something rude] like they deserve some special place where only they have the moral high ground or a better understanding of it than anybody else.

Comment

VJ doesn't actually ever post anything but personal attacks.

Comment

Working...
                                X