No announcement yet.

Does 36% of America still support Bush?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does 36% of America still support Bush?

That's what the news media claims, but

After all that has gone on, this number seems quite high,
    It's hard to tell what the real numbers are with all the electoral tampering, I think the #s for 2000 & 2002 are only off by a few points.
    2000 - lost by 500,000 votes plus - almost 50/50
    2002 - Almost 50/50 some more tampering
    2004 - 1 1/2 years into insergency, my best guess after tampering Bush got 47% of "real" vote. Bush buoyed by gay marriage issue and hope Iraqi "elections" would solve things.
    2005 - Another year of insurgency.
    Iraqi elections fail to stop terrorism.
    Cindy Sheehan makes protesting as American as motherhood.
    Katrina
    --- budget cuts prevent upgrading leevees. Bush destroys city - not an Al Queda "mushroom cloud"
    --- cronyism becomes obvious even to the brain dead.
    --- need for the national guard in America, devistastation shows neglect of domestic plocies.
    Entire storm season far outstrps previous record, even Fox News acknologes Global Warming.
    If the country is, normally 50/50, 36% represents only loss of a quarter of all Republicans..... is corporate news push polling?

After all that has gone on, this number seems quite high,

What are you smoking? 36% is phenomenally low.

Comment

well, when people talk about how much of America supports Bush, you need to keep things in perspective...

according to the census website, the estimate of the current US population is 297,639,253

this is from a "population clock" thingy on their website http://www.census.gov/main/www/popclock.html

according to CNN's 2004 election results 62,040,606 people voted for Bush... http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2004/pag...lts/president/

so using Windows Calculator I determine 20.8% of America actually supports Bush...

SO BUSH DOES NOT HAVE AS MUCH SUPPORT AS IT MAY SEEM

but it works both ways, he might not have as much opposition as well...

but there are other things to think about... how many people are not registered voters, how many people are too young to vote (OZZYKP TO THE RESCUE ), etc...

That's why I hate polls and stuff...

they may take the approval rating, but they are meaningless because they do not take into account overall population...

But then again, maybe they just poll registered voters... i.e. the people who matter when it comes to these things.

I dunno...

but the fact is, only 20.8% of the American population actually voted for Bush... (if voting totals are to be believed)

That is for sure.
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

And he still fared much better than Kerry..

Comment

but the fact is, only 20.8% of the American population actually voted for Bush... (if voting totals are to be believed)
          Yes, but you have to keep into perspective how many people voted in the election. A majority of people who bothered to vote in the election did vote for Bush.

Polls generally use statistically accurate methods of opinions (large samples, random respondents) that can show a good estimate to the view of a population in whole.
          "Compromises are not always good things. If one guy wants to drill a five-inch hole in the bottom of your life boat, and the other person doesn't, a compromise of a two-inch hole is still stupid." - chegitz guevara
          "Bill3000: The United Demesos? Boy, I was young and stupid back then.
          Jasonian22: Bill, you are STILL young and stupid."

"is it normal to imaginne dartrh vader and myself in a tjhreee way with some hot chick? i'ts always been my fantasy" - Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Bill3000

Yes, but you have to keep into perspective how many people voted in the election. A majority of people who bothered to vote in the election did vote for Bush.
            and as I have shown, those people are not even 25% of the US population

Democracy indeed...
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Winston
              And he still fared much better than Kerry..
              which was a message to the Dems...

GET A DECENT ****ING CANDIDATE YOU MORONS

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Warner

Comment

Originally posted by Sava

which was a message to the Dems...

GET A DECENT ****ING CANDIDATE YOU MORONS

Yes, it seems even the Democrats don't like a loser, considering how much support he had during the campaign and how much blame he's been getting ever since.

You have to wonder though, now that we've established they don't like losers, why they keep nominating so many of 'em.

Comment

I guess some of you aren't familiar with the computer programs that counted Bush's vote.

One company was run by "Senator" Chuck Hagel - his company's machines gave him 83% of the vote in his last election. As Stalin said, "It's not who votes, but who counts the votes."

Other votes were counted by machines especially in Ohio that recorded over 100% turnout. Dozens of precincts had more votes going to the Libertarian candidate than Kerry. Warren county, Ohio's voter office was closed by Homeland Security to "recalibrate" the machines after the election.

Florida also had these machines. People were told "Republicans vote on Tuesday, Democrats vote Wendsday", and were sent to the wrong precinct 40 miles away. There was "Outreach USA" which registered all parties, but threw out Democratic registations, and the 10 hour lines in Cleveland, Ohio precincts.

Comment

/me gets pillow and makes big bowl of popcorn just like on Election Night '04

Comment

The Dems worked really hard to find somewhat like Kerry. Their problem, though, was their misperception that Gore lost because he had too much charima, and thus the Dems needed someone even more boring.

Psst, Sava. Did you notice that your base number is the number of all Americans rather than just registered voters?? Makes your 20.8% fignure a little low.

Comment

Originally posted by realpolitic
                          Other votes were counted by machines especially in Ohio that recorded over 100% turnout. Dozens of precincts had more votes going to the Libertarian candidate than Kerry. Warren county, Ohio's voter office was closed by Homeland Security to "recalibrate" the machines after the election.

Comment

Well, this is the Internet, the rest out there where you have to actually have some backing of your wild claims sometimes, is the real world.

Comment

I guess some of you aren't familiar with the computer programs that counted Bush's vote.

One company was run by "Senator" Chuck Hagel - his company's machines gave him 83% of the vote in his last election. As Stalin said, "It's not who votes, but who counts the votes."

1. Hagel doesn't like Bush

2. Hagel getting 83% of the vote in the last election isn't particularly surprising. He's extremely popular in Nebraska and had no real opposition in that race.

Even whacko conspiracy theories should make a little bit of sense...
                              KH FOR OWNER!
                              ASHER FOR CEO!!
                              GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X