Does 36% of America still support Bush?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zkribbler

Psst, Sava. Did you notice that your base number is the number of all Americans rather than just registered voters?? Makes your 20.8% fignure a little low.
    no... that is exactly what I was looking at...

20.8% of the American population voted for Bush in the last election

it definitely puts things in perspective...

we live in a nation of almost 300,000,000 and 20.8% of people put that moron in office...
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

And assuming those who didn't vote were mostly Bush voters?
      In da butt.
      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
      THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
      "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
        And assuming those who didn't vote were mostly Bush voters?
        apathetic youth maybe???... probably more likely to vote kerry I think
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

probably, but just saying we can't know that really. Bush might have bigger support in reality, but we don't know it. Could be lower too.
          In da butt.
          "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
          THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
          "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

36% is just two points higher that Jimmy Carter's approval rating when he left office -- and the Fox poll has a 3-point margin of error.

I think my "W is the GOP Jimmy Carter" thread from way back has been deleted. Shame really. Still, let's recap:

Approval rating in the mid-30% range? check
            Failed foreign policy, dominated by debacle in the Middle East? check
            Economy going nowhere, despite his best cheerleading? check
            Incapable of getting his domestic agenda through, in spite of controlling both houses of Congress? check
            Surrounded by coterie of like-minded advisors who seem out-of-touch with Washington and everywhere else? check
            Top-level aide indicted? check
            Born-again Christian? check
            Humiliates self while trying to be athletic? check
            Mother is a domineering harpy? check
            Brother is an embarrassment? check
            Daughter(s) out of control? check
            Pronounces it "NU-cu-lar"? check

Of course, Carter proudly served in the US military, negotiated a major peace accord, and eventually won the Nobel Prize. So I guess W. can only aspire to be Jimmy Carter.
            Last edited by Rufus T. Firefly; November 11, 2005, 23:54.
            "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Economy going nowhere, despite his best cheerleading?

Pronounces it "NU-clee-ar"?

KH FOR OWNER!
              ASHER FOR CEO!!
              GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Wow. These levels of public support are unbelievably bad.

W has the capacity to go down remembered as the worst President during my lifetime.

If he'd had the good luck to not have the Twin Towers blown up on his watch and the good sense to lose in 2004 he'd merely have been forgettable...
                12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                Killing it is the new killing it
                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Dammit, I typed the wrong pronounciation. Fixed now.
                  "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus T. Firefly
                    pronounciation
                    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                    Stadtluft Macht Frei
                    Killing it is the new killing it
                    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

You know what's hilarious (in a sad way) about the most recent dip is that it is due to the following:

The latest percentage drop is because of lack of support of the loyal ultraconservative base. The one thing they love about Bush is that he never changes his mind. Well, all that changed recently when he actually DID change his mind.

No, it wasn't the poor handling of Iraq, it wasn't the LYING about Iraq, it wasn't the torture problems, it wasn't the outting of the CIA agent, and it wasn't even the poor, negligent handling of Hurricane Katrina.

It was because he actually asked for money TO HELP HURRICANE KATRINA VICTIMS.

That's what pissed off his base and why they are now rebelling against him. Just look at DanS' recent thread where the relief bill was getting all the Reactionaries up in arms because it was "loaded with pork."

But they have no problem spending a millions of dollars every day on the Iraq war.

It's pretty damn disgusting the f'ed up priorities of these people.
                      Last edited by Ted Striker; November 12, 2005, 01:07.
                      We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Sava

apathetic youth maybe???... probably more likely to vote kerry I think
                        Maybe in red states there would be not much point to cast your ballot?
                        In some people's mind.

Comment

That's what pissed off his base and why they are now rebelling against him. Just look at DanS' recent thread where the relief bill was getting all the Reactionaries up in arms because it was "loaded with pork."
                          Yeah, funny how it wasn't "pork" and there was no corruption when it was corporate welfare for the same companies Dan owned stock of... goverment of crooks, for crooks.

Comment

Gavin Newsom for president
                            Lime roots and treachery!
                            "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

Originally posted by VJ
                              Yeah, funny how it wasn't "pork" and there was no corruption when it was corporate welfare for the same companies Dan owned stock of... goverment of crooks, for crooks.
                              And how would you know what companies DanS owns stock in?
                              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

This isn't the courtroom stud.
                                We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Working...
                                X