Best/favourite cover songs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best/favourite cover songs

I know, we've done these threads before. But I just recently heard a few new cover songs, which I think are just awesome. They are my favourite cover songs. I keep listening to them over and over.

Sodom- Surfin' Bird. Originally a 60's oldies tune I believe. Put to a good thrash metal style by Sodom- a band from Germany.

Tori Amos- Raining Blood. A cover song of a song by Slayer- an american thrash metal band. Although her song can't be considered thrash metal. But with that really deep synth bass line, it's a fairly heavy and dark song.

list your favourite cover songs.

Dokaka - "Angel of Death"
    The enemy cannot push a button if you disable his hand.

Comment

Phish - Gin and Juice
      Monkey!!!

Comment

The Beatles - The Sheikh of Araby

Comment

I like Pantera's version of Cat Scratch Fever.

Stevie Ray Vaughans version of Little wing is a favourite of mine as well.

Comment

Again: Van Halen - You really got me.
            What?

Comment

Hells Bells (Dandy Warhols)
              Do Ya Think I'm Sexy (Revolting Cocks)
              "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
              "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

Guns and Roses - Live and Let Die.

ACK!
                Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Eric Clapton - Stormy Monday (T-Bone Walker)
                  Last edited by SlowwHand; November 11, 2005, 22:42.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I like Red Hot Chilipeppers version of Fire. By Jimi Hendrix.
                    In da butt.
                    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Good call Pekka.

ACK!
                      Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Soooooo many to chose from, but...

Probably Sonic Youth's cover of the Carpenters' "Superstar"

Though I did just hear a terrific version of "Hotel California" done by Bela Fleck and Mark Knopfler. Turns out "Hotel California" isn't the worst song ever recorded; it just needs to be played on the banjo. Who knew?
                        "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Turns out "Hotel California" isn't the worst song ever recorded;

Go kill yourself now.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
                            Turns out "Hotel California" isn't the worst song ever recorded;

Go kill yourself now.
                            Because I think The Eagles' version is the worst song ever recorded, or because I believe it can be improved upon with the proper banjo arrangement?
                            "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

The former.

Comment

Working...
                              X