No announcement yet.

Software Reliability with Mac Computers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A general rule of thumb is to ignore UR's input in threads. In computer threads his posts are just inconceivably stupid, and in political threads he pushes the Party Line of China.

It's tiresome.

His comment is akin to saying "An advantage of Fords is they usually come with four tires."
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
      Agathon's post is why Mac Users aren't the mainstream. They plug their ears when anything bad is said about their platform.

Ignorance is bliss.
      Frankly, as an "ordinary" Mac user myself, I've pretty much given up believing anything you or Agathon have to say WRT computer issues. You both seem driven by the idea that your respective platforms are the best and do your utmost to shove that idea down the throats of others.

Hell, I use Macintosh because it's what's in my work environment *and* because it's what I'm comfortable with. Others want to use Windows or Linux? Fine with me. Ain't no hair off my testicles.

*cough* On the topic at hand, part of the reason software ported to the Macintosh isn't as "buggy" as its Windows counterparts is because, oftentimes, the ports come months after the Windows release and, thus, are "patched" before ever showing up on the Macintosh. For example, when Civ III Macintosh showed up, it came with the 1.17 PC patch already included.

Gatekeeper
      "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

I've had you on ignore for months now, primarily because you have demonstrated yourself to be an utter cretin, and wrong in almost every prediction you have made.

You haven't exactly been stellar in your behavior in mac v windows threads yourself, bub.

Whatever Asher's said about Apple in this thread, he's right about two things: UR's claim that FOSS being available on OS X being an advantage is a ludicrous, idiotic claim, since the majority of FOSS programs are designed and programmed in a manner which allows porting them to multiple OSes quite easy. Indeed, even the harder to find FOSS programs are available as source and can be compiled for OS X and Windows.
        The other correct claim is that Netscape is utter ****e these days, and can be considered spyware. It is also available for the Mac.

When people make mistakes or say something you don't agree with it's fine to tell them, but please let's keep it civil.

Masuro, the part which you quoted from Asher is not insulting the poster in any way. It is, however, calling to task the statement, which is, quite frankly, dumb. UR may as well have said that color screens being present on virtually all Mac computers present is an advantage.

I realize I'm repeating a lot of what Asher said here, but I figure that my computer reputation here isn't one that's been so poisoned by shilling for one side or the other.

===

Apple makes lovely computers that are a joy to use.

Apple also makes computers which, by some aspects, are utterly overpriced. Then again, so does Alienware. Both can be joys to use, provided you take care of them properly.

And still virus and spyware free after 4 years.

(1) Windows computer, still virus, spyware, and rootkit free after 5 years.
        (1) Windows computer, virginally clean, after 1 year.
        (1) Mac computer, also clean, after 1 year.
        (2) Linux boxes, completely clean, 2 years.
        If this is a ****fest about how clean our systems are, I can go all night, baby.
        B♭3

Comment

If this is a ****fest about how clean our systems are, I can go all night, baby.
          Indeed, this babbling about who's better is similar to IE vs Gecko browsers.
          Each have it's unique characteristics, some might be more fit for one person while others for person with different needs.

And spyware and virus presence on a machine does not mean that it has something to do with OS or the manufacturer of machine, it mostly points out the characteristics of the user..

Gatekeeper is very right about why many inter-platform (inter-OS) software items work better on Mac than PC.

I am also familiar with the 'black screen of death' of Macs and I must say it appears often enough to not believe in claims that Mac is an order of magnitude more stable than PC.
          -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
          -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

er, Asher, owning an iPod makes you an Apple user too
            I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
              One advantage with Mac OSX is you can install FOSS software on it, so you gain access to a vast amount of programs free of charge.
              I can't install FOSS software on my Windows box? I wonder how it got on, then

Comment

Originally posted by Masuro
                What is FOSS?
                Full of **** Software

Comment

Working...
                X