X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's what I think too.

Macedonia

Comment

I really liked visiting Macedonia. The historical places along Lake Orid were great, the women were sexy, and by Balkan standards the place had its **** together.

Our tour guide was frigging smoking hot, spoke perfect English, and was a girl I wouldn't have minded marrying.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Macedonia
        Ted Striker
        That Chick
        Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Oerdin, I don't mean to attack you here buddy but what you are basically saying is that your penis liked the ladies (that are pretty much hot everywhere in the world), and that one of them spoke perfect English. Also this lake was nice. NOW, this is cool argument for liking the place when visiting, however inducting a country into EU should be require more expertise than that. No matter you guys vote presidents 'because I like that guy somehow' . you know? That's unfair, since that's also universal thing, nto something only you do.

However, Macedonia or not, I haven't yet seen a single reasonable argument why it should be taken into EU.
          In da butt.
          "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
          THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
          "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus T. Firefly
            That's all I'm saying. Aside from the Christian card -- which Western Europe is reluctant to play (and rightly, given their own immigration issues) -- there's no logic to admitting Macedonia or Romania to the EU but excluding Turkey; It'd be like admitting Honduras and Equador to the Organization of American States but excluding Brazil.
            this however ignores very important structual questions about the EU, which simply have to be resolved before a country like turkey can be admitted.
            "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

However, Macedonia or not, I haven't yet seen a single reasonable argument why it should be taken into EU.

Well if you insist EU could very well have survived without Finland too. You're not even a net donor I think, you're somwhere around zero moneywise.

- Macedonia is poor -> so was Ireland
              - Macedonia is corrupt and backwards -> Austria would be too if big powers decided so at Jalta. 50 years of communism holds you back somewhat.
              - Macedonia has ethnic strife -> so does Northern Ireland

And so on. There really is no reason not to admit them in, once they fulfill all the requirements, which should be possible during the negotiation/ascension process, like it was for Czech Republic or Slovakia or whatnot.

Comment

Working...
              X