No announcement yet.

Meet my girlfriend Fred, love of my life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A guy at my work is named Wolfgang. He goes by wolf. Now that's a masculine name. . Like Wolf Blitzer. You can't get any more masculine than that.

My cousin named their kid Hunter. Seems like a werid name for a kid, but at least it's masculine.

Comment

What's wrong with naming a girl Kim, Renee, or Leslie? Those are girls names! Boys who have those names are girly men .
      Last edited by Imran Siddiqui; November 6, 2005, 13:53.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Kim Borg is an operatic bass, and if you hear him sing, I doubt you'd call it "girly."
        Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Re: Meet my girlfriend Fred, love of my life

Originally posted by Winston
          Terry
          Leslie/Lesley
          Kim
          Renee
          Carly
          Robin
          Lois
          All of these are predominantly female names here. I've never heard of a man named Carly or Lois (Carl and Louis, yes), and I don't remember knowing a male Leslie, but it's possible, I suppose. "Terry" is spelled "Terri" feminized.

Sherri
          Shelley
          Shannon
          Never heard of a man with these names at all. Sherri?

Now "Jaime" is a nice man's name. All the Jaime's I've know have been pretty cute, too.
          Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

girly man borg opera singer?

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Leslie Howard was no woman. He even had a son named Ronald, and a daughter.. named Leslie.

But I will grant you he was originally British.

Comment

You forgot to mention Paris
                I don't know what I am - Pekka

Comment

I have two kids that names can be mis construed. Jessica but she is called jessie for short, and christian who is a boy that is mistaken for the spelling of kristen
                  Hell even my name is a boys name to. I knew a boy witht the same name as me but ti was spelled different. Mine being staci his being stacy
                  When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
                  "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
                  Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

Lee. What a horrible name for a poor little girl.

Comment

Isnt there a song called, "A boy named Sue"?
                      We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Re: Meet my girlfriend Fred, love of my life

Terry - Short for Terrica

Leslie/Lesley - Never heard of a guy named this

Toni - Could be short for Tonya but this one is mostly a guys name. Never met a girl with this name in 29 years.
                        Stevie - Could be short for Stephanie

Kim - This is almost exclusively a girl's name.

Rene/Renee - This is a guys name.

Charly - Never heard of this one.

Carly - Carla/Karla is the female version of Carl/Karl.

Robin - Mostly a female name but there are a few guys.

Sam - Short for Samantha; my niece is name this.

Joey - Joelene/Jolene is a traditional female name. It has been shortened as Americans often do but her name would officially be Joelene.

Lois - Lois would only be a female name while Louise would be the male version.

And find such manly names for unfortunate little boys as

Sherri - Met a few Terris but never a Sherri

Shelley- Never met.

Shannon- I've met lots of Irish-Americans with this name.

Marion- An old English name. Normally a last name.

Jaime- This one does exist and it does sound gay

Also you forgot Tracy. Mostly a girl's name but I have met a few guys.
                        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyclotron
                          Agreed. Some have been appropriated entirely by theiving females, like 'Lindsay.'
                          One of the hottest girls I have ever met was named Lindsey.

Comment

Leslie/Lesley - Never heard of a guy named this

Ever see Naked Gun? Leslie Neilsen played Frank Drebin.

Toni - Could be short for Tonya but this one is mostly a guys name. Never met a girl with this name in 29 years

Some women do have it though, like Toni Morrison.
                            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Wycoff
                              I've never met any guy named Sherri or Shelley. If there are people in the US that use those as boys' names, then they are few and far between. It would be like naming a boy Mary or Sue.

Comment

Oerdin: Toni = Antonia.

I know a man called Jaime, but he's Spanish, and it's pronounced Hi-may.

Comment

Working...
                                X