Ollie's new 230 HP car!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ollie's new 230 HP car!!!!!!!

WOOOTTT!!!! A look-at-me thread on a Friday night!!!!

I just got myself a SAAB 9-5 Aero of 2000 vintage. It has only made 93 000 km so far, so it has 15-20 good years left in it with my pace of driving 10 000 km per year. My 4th car ever, and best so far.

Blue metallic and creme-white leather is a wonderful colour combination, and it has all the luxuries you could ask for.

And best of all, I aquired it at a BMW-dealer who just wanted to get rid of it as soon as possible, so I got it very cheap, about 14 k€, where a new one is 40 k€ and the same vintage is normally 16-20 k€.

And 230 horse power, about twice what any decent person needs...
    Attached Files
    So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
    Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

I can't wait until Tuesday when it will be ready for delivery...
    Attached Files
    So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
    Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

about twice what any decent person needs
      and half of what you could use
      Monkey!!!

Comment

Indecent people
        Last edited by Chemical Ollie; November 4, 2005, 16:24.

Comment

Decent people.
          I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

With Swedish gas prices, how much will the running and upkeep of the beast cost?

Comment

8 liters per 100 km, very decent gas consumption

Comment

Poser
                Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Am I the only one that thought the HP stood for "Hit Points" before realising it was for an automobile, and thus NOT an RPG thing?
                  Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

This is funny.

My friend bought a 2000 Saab 9-5 a month ago. Within the first week the alternator died and they wanted $1200 for a new one (which is a huge, huge ripoff). He got a custom one ordered from the States for $600 instead.

He had the car running for a week when it died yesterday on the way to a midterm, it went into "limp home mode" with the about 5 horsepower total. The "check engine" light is on now.

Saab.

(I swear to God this is true)
                    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

You're an atheist, aren't you?
                      Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

My older brother, who used to be a Corporate Security Driver by profession before he turned into a computer expert, tells me horror stories like that about any car costing below 50 k€. I WAS looking at a Mercedes, but I don't feel like paying 100 k€ for a car (or at least my wife doesn't).

This SAAB is really value for money.

Comment

Working...
                        X