Winamp's automated music mixer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winamp's automated music mixer

A couple of weeks ago, I stumbeled upon this.
    If you've got the latest version of Winamp 5, you should already have the free version of the Predixis MagicMusic Mixer plugin installed. This plugin indexes all your music files and creates automated playlists (in the free version of up to 20 songs) based on an initial song that you select.

I didn't know how I activated that, but I think you have to open Winamp's media library and go to "Predixis MusicMagic". There should be a button "Start processing" or so. If you click it, it will start indexing your library. For my ~800 songs that already took quite a while. You can change the speed of the indexing in winamp's preferences.
    Afterwards all you do is select a song in the media library, click on "MagicMusic Mix" and it will give you a selection of 20 songs. If you hit play, they'll become your current playlist.

In the screenshot you can see a sample playlist when I selected the Boxer from the chemical brothers. I have set variety to 4 (out of 10).
    Attached Files

I didn't know that. Woo hoo! Thanks.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Where does the magic come in? I'm assuming they're not just 20 random songs..

Comment

I was assuming it keyed off your selection.
        Don't usually do playlists, but this sounds interesting.
        I have approximately 500 albums in singles, so I'm going to play with this.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Winston
          Presumeably it selects by genre/artist absed on your initial pick?

Comment

Originally posted by Winston
            No the songs are supposed to be similar (based on the variety level that you selected). I think it creates a fingerprint from the raw audio data and do the comparison there.

Comment

Wow, Ata has a copy of Calexico's CD. I didn't know they'd made it out of the local market yet.
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

maybe they didn't.
                urgh.NSFW

Comment

la camisa negra
                  I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Is that the italian version of 'YMCA'?
                    urgh.NSFW

Comment

it's an awful spanish song you immediately want to forget in the moment you hear it
                      I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Working...
                      X