Aggressive Panhandling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aggressive Panhandling

Not the kind you think, this is aggressive panhandling by the state of Kansas, specifically, the several "Fraternal Orders" of various law enforcement agencies. They contract out to "professional" fund raisers who call people at home. I listened in for a couple minutes on one call until I heard the fund raiser effectively accuse us of killing cops by not "donating" money. His exact words "you can save a cop's life" with your donation. Some people here are a bit nervous telling these a-holes to **** off thinking the cops might retaliate in some way.

Say you already gave. They don't have a list of what you gave to who .
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
      Say you already gave. They don't have a list of what you gave to who .
      What if one of those guys comes across Apolyton, and figures out who Bezerker is, and hence, he gets caught?
      A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Because Berzerker is his name in real life .
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
          Because Berzerker is his name in real life .

No, but I'm sure if someone wants to thoroughly investigate, they will find some way to track his real name down.
          A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

So he is, um, David Johnson.
            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Panhandlers.
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

No, I'm David Johnson. Berzerker can get his own damn fake name.
                The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Say you already gave.
                  We do give, but we stopped recently because they'd call us every month acting like we were now obligated to give every month. Well, it was the tone of that one call that pissed me off... The politicians exempted themselves from "do not call" lists, so I'm sure these guys are exempt too.

Comment

Originally posted by DRoseDARs
                    No, I'm David Johnson. Berzerker can get his own damn fake name.
                    Aren't we all David Johnsons?
                    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Make it illegal.
                      Only feebs vote.

Comment

Re: Aggressive Panhandling

Originally posted by Berzerker
                        Not the kind you think, this is aggressive panhandling by the state of Kansas, specifically, the several "Fraternal Orders" of various law enforcement agencies. They contract out to "professional" fund raisers who call people at home. I listened in for a couple minutes on one call until I heard the fund raiser effectively accuse us of killing cops by not "donating" money. His exact words "you can save a cop's life" with your donation. Some people here are a bit nervous telling these a-holes to **** off thinking the cops might retaliate in some way.

Since when is "being able to save a person's life, and not doing it" equal to "killing someone"? what is this communist "good samaritan" logic? you're a bad libertarian. go put on the dunce cap.
                        urgh.NSFW

Comment

"Effectively" killing someone. Many people actually feel letting someone die is "effectively" killing them, i.e., Terry Schiavo. Thats why this huckster pulled that guilt trip on us...

Comment

Donating blood regularly can save someone's life.

All of you who don't are murderers! Murderers!
                            “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Or gay.

Or have been to Africa.
                              The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Working...
                              X