No announcement yet.

Aggressive Panhandling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't give anything when telemarketed EVER. Many times the deals are such that the telemarketing company takes the bulk. So anyone I donate to, I do directly. basically we pick who we are going to donate to and everyone else can go away.

Any time anyone calls, I politely interrupt and say " I'm sorry I do not respond to telephone solicitation". Most of the time they politely end the call since any professional telemarketer knows they are NOT going to succeed.
    You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger

Aren't we all David Johnsons?
      I'm John Davidson thanks!

I don't like the idea of charity phonecalls. Are they that prevalent in the US? Charity should be about voluntary donation (isn't that the definition?), not being browbeaten over the phone. I also think that collectors in the steet should just stand there, and not approach people to try to convince them to give. If they stand in front of the name of their charity, or some appropriate image, then those who are willing to give will come and find them.

Comment

Working...
      X