No announcement yet.

ARTICLE: Comets Devastated Early Americans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hm, what does erosion from rain looks like and how does one ascertain of it?

Raindrops come down randomly, so it seems reasonable that "erosion by rain" just causes a layer to be removed evenly. Sort of like taking a sand blaster to something.
    Rain produces undulating generally vertical crevices that are smooth, wind scours out softer layers horizontally leaving jagged edges where harder layers are left exposed. Think of the Appalachian Mtns compared to the Grand Tetons. Geologists are more supportive of the rain theory.

As for the Sphinx being built by Chephren, son of Khufu, here is a translation of the relevant part of the Inventory Stela:

Long live...the king of Upper and Lower Egypt, Khufu, given life...He found the House of Isis, Mistress of the Pyramid, by the side of the hollow of Hwran [the Sphinx]...and he built his pyramid beside the temple of this goddess and he built a pyramid for the King's daughter Henutsen beside this temple. The place of Hwran Horemkhet is on the south side of the House of Isis, Mistress of the Pyramid.... He restored the statue, all covered in painting, of the Guardian of the Atmosphere, who guides the winds with his gaze. He replaced the back part of the nemes head-dress which was missing with gilded stone.... The figure of this god, cut in stone, is solid and will last to eternity, keeping its face always to the east.

This passage not only claims the Sphinx was in existence before Khufu's son rose to power, it would have us believe Khufu had to restore the Sphinx. Obviously this conflicted with the widely held belief in 1853 that Khufu built the Great Pyramid and his son built the Sphinx. The stela has been dismissed as a late dynasty forgery or mis-representation of 4th dynasty events. Hell, we're not even sure Chephren followed Khufu on the throne, he had another son who appears to have ruled for 7 years and built a pyramid north of Giza.

Comment

I like the idea that the Sphinx may have been originally an Anubis statue. It makes theological sense.
      "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
      Drake Tungsten
      "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
      Albert Speer

Comment

Originally posted by Berzerker
        Rain produces undulating generally vertical crevices that are smooth, wind scours out softer layers horizontally leaving jagged edges where harder layers are left exposed.
        That seems to be the assertion by a few persons but I have my doubts. I am not a geologist, but it seems to me that rain does not act like rivers running up and down vertically. There are loads of variables such as wind speed and direction, and size of rain drops. If I just average all these it seems that you get a blasting force that comes from all directions.

Originally posted by Berzerker
        Think of the Appalachian Mtns compared to the Grand Tetons. Geologists are more supportive of the rain theory.
        I haven't seen anybody else advocating such a hypothesis other than Bauval and his supporters.
        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
        X