A Look-at-Me Thread of Vital Importance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Look-at-Me Thread of Vital Importance

Clearly I suck at making decisions, so I defer my judgment to an esteemed group of random people on the internet.

I ask you to evaluate two options, and then vote for one in the poll. I will take popular opinion into consideration, but probably ignore it anyway. So I guess I lied in my thread title, but the more astute among you probably already guessed that. Very few look-at-me threads are actually vital. In fact, I'm mostly doing this because I'm bored.

Anyway, here are my two options, not listed in order.

Option I
    Ask out the cute Asian girl in my English class

Reasons for:

- She's very pretty
    - A female friend, for whom I have a lot of respect, knows her from somewhere else and recommends her. This friend tends to be right about all interpersonal relationships and stuff.
    - I see her daily, which is a big plus because I go to an all-boys school, and although there's a sister school within walking distance, only a few classes are cross-registered.
    - She's smart, but she is under the false impression that I'm smarter than she is. However, I've learned over the years that (incorrectly) perceived intelligence has little to do with attractiveness. But since she respects me, I doubt that being shot down would be too painful. Nothing along the lines of "I'm so far out of your league that if your league were to explode, you wouldn't hear the tremors for weeks."

Reasons against:

- She's so far out of my league that if my league were to explode, I wouldn't hear the tremors for weeks.
    - I'm not sure how much I actually have in common with her.
    - She actually lost to me in a tic-tac-toe game. I'm willing to accept that I won't get to date brilliant strategists all the time, but losing in tic-tac-toe is kind of sad. On the other hand, it's good that she found me more interesting than the teacher during our game.

Option II
    Ask out the ridiculously smart blonde

Reasons for:
    - She's easily the smartest girl in her year, and I genuinely respect her a lot. We're both on a televised interscholastic 3-person-team quiz show called "It's Academic", and although our team has always contended that I'm faster on the buzzer and more accurate than she, the records show otherwise. When our school teams had a joint practice, not everyone could attend for the whole time, and after a while there was a round in which a teammate and I faced her two-on-one. She tied us. And what's worse was that we were getting all the trashy pop-culture questions. My typical correct answers were things like "Donovan McNabb" and "Albus Dumbledore", while hers were smart-sounding things like "Fermat's Last Theorem" and "Potassium Chloride."
    - She's small, blond, pretty. Yes, blond. Stereotypes be damned.
    - I have a lot of other things in common with her. Math team, etc. All that good nerdy stuff.
    - She came out to the taping of my first It's Academic match. She was the only girl there, and after our victory she congratulated me first, and I thanked her for coming and all that. She complemented me again the next day. She certainly respects me, but I'm not sure whether I should read anything else into that or not.

Reasons against:
    - She's shy, and she might turn me down simply because of that. I don't think she's ever had a boyfriend, but I'm not sure if she's ever really wanted one.
    - I don't see her too often. I have to get lucky.

More reasons for than reasons against in both cases. I think both are good, and neither is a huge stretch, but I defer the question to the knowledgeable ( ) masses of Apolyton.

Homecoming comes up soon, and I hopefully can get either one to come.
    Ask the Asian girl out
    50.00%
    Ask the smart blonde out
    50.00%
    "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Why the hell were you playing tic-tac-toe?

Comment

Get a life.

Comment

And I vote the Asian on general principles.

Comment

Sounds like they both would be willing to date you, but the Asian would cheat and the Blonde would have no sex drive.
          "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
          "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
          "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
          "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
            Why the hell were you playing tic-tac-toe?
            Tic-tac-toe is awesome until you realize that it always ends in a tie. And it's especially awesome if you're discussing the Scarlet Letter in class, which is godawfully boring.

Originally posted by Verto
            Get a life.
            Yes sir, that's what this thread is about. Going to an all-boys school makes it difficult for normal people, but for people as awesome as I am, it is not a hindrance.
            "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Comment

Originally posted by Jaguar
              Tic-tac-toe is awesome until you realize that it always ends in a tie.
              Which you should realize sometime before 11th grade

And it's especially awesome if you're discussing the Scarlet Letter in class, which is godawfully boring.
              QFT. Sparknotes

Comment

Originally posted by Apocalypse
                Sounds like they both would be willing to date you, but the Asian would cheat and the Blonde would have no sex drive.

Comment

It's a tough call man, sounds like a win-win situation either way, it's actually a good dilemma to be in.

Why do you think this Asian chick is out of your league? Who has she gone out with in the past?

What does your gut instinct tell you?
                  We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Apocalypse
                    We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Jaguar

Yeah, your choice. Either you pick one that would cuckold you or you pick the one who wouldn't do anything sexual. Either way you're not getting any.
                      "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
                      "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
                      "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
                      "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Out of personal prejudice I'd say go with the Asian chick but then again I like all the yellow, brown, and dark brown chicks over my albino sisters so it's ALL TO THE GOOD BEYOTCHES

Comment

I don't know who she's gone out with before, because I have not known her for very long. By "out of my league" I just mean that she's extremely attractive and a lot of guys likely take notice. I thought she would likely be taken. But I learned today that she's single. Before today I was leaning towards the blonde, but now that I know they're both single it's a difficult choice again.

Obviously it becomes simpler if I ask one. Either way, the decision is made for me.

I suspect that the white-guy Asian-girl thing is gonna carry the day.

Comment

Asian one. Best to actually see the girl you are dating .
                            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

It's possible you know usually the white guy-asian chick thing is a pretty solid match.

Do you not have a gut feeling?

You were gonna ask out that blonde chick until you started seeing this asian chick I bet?

For some reason my gut instinct tells me you are better suited for the blonde, like you connect with her more, and the asian chick is more of an infatuation, on more of a superficial level.

Comment

Working...
                              X