No announcement yet.

Why outsourcing makes you fail and smell of wee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In theory, every single function in a company is outsourceable, you just need proper communication lines to maintain coherence.
    DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

I'd like to listen in when a customer from Glasgow talks to a call centre in Calcutta.

They should make tapes and sell them.
      Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
        I'd like to listen in when a customer from Glasgow talks to a call centre in Calcutta.

Listen carefull-like yer bluidy *** or I'll caim over an banjo yer.
        We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
        If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
        Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Engineering is another area which never interacts with costumers so it doesn't matter where it is based. About the only things really protected are distribution, marketing, customer service, and the highest corporate positions. The big wigs won't downsize themselves even if they'll reincorporate in Bermuda in order to not pay taxes.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazarus and the Gimp

You're kidding. Small tribes of nomadic herders could live and tend their livestock in the gaps between the panels on US built Mercs.
            A while back BMW found that 3 series made in Spartanburg were higher in quality and cheaper then German made 3 series and tried to shift production more to the US. The German unions had a cow and several German politicians supposedly rambled on about foreign outsourcing by German companies.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse

I'll take one please.
              He's got the Midas touch.
              But he touched it too much!
              Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Outsourcing will simply shift from lower-end to higher-end services ( as is happening , very slowly , with the outsourcing of software developement - our companies are moving , inch by tedious inch , up the value chain ) .

Comment

Working...
                X