No announcement yet.

My RL friends and online rivals consider me a juggernaut of knowledge and logic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My RL friends and online rivals consider me a juggernaut of knowledge and logic

If there is any debate, I generally ASSRAPE win them, both in RL, and on other online forums. If there is more of an informative discussion, I surprise people with knowledge from their own field of expertise. I am hailed as the best achiever in terms of career and education by my RL friends and "scholarly and wise" by my online opponents.

My issues with it:

A) I fear it may influence me, and make me arrogant.
    B) Furthermore, I fear it may make me complacent, and I'll become content with my achievements in school, and life in general.

-I love my friends, and think they're of great smarts and intelligence - and talking to them is stimulating and fun.
    -I also enjoy the places I browse on the web. I discuss interesting stuff - like architecture, urban planning, transportational infrastructure, and Israeli politics.

I am not willing to give up on any of them.

What should I do?
    urgh.NSFW

Start noticing that when people laugh at you, it may mean not that you have won, but that you are ridiculous

Comment

Get smarter friends in RL, stop visiting OL forums filled with dolts.
      If you don't like reality, change it! me
      "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
      "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
      "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

A) too late. you posting this thread is obviously proof enough.
        CSPA

Comment

Also, consider a general purpose internet forum. It is not populated by experts in anything. Winning an argument on Apolyton is not difficult.

What you need to do is visit, say, sci.econ, soc.history.what-if, alt.talk.libertarian or some similar place where real freaks live. Usenet is the better challenge

If you get one of them to conceede a point, I'll buy you a virtual beer

Comment

Originally posted by Gangerolf
            THAT WAS MY LINE !!!
            With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

but seriously, don't worry about it. you seem to have a healthy wholesome view when it comes to your (alleged!!11!) achievments.. It's all good.
              CSPA

Comment

Start noticing that when people laugh at you, it may mean not that you have won, but that you are ridiculous

Get smarter friends in RL, stop visiting OL forums filled with dolts.

Gee, thanks. My friends are smart - as smart as I am, if not more. They're simply not realizing their full potential. And I said that I like them a lot, and I am not willing to give them up. I also like the OL forums.

How so? I definetly DON'T think that I am better than my friends. They do. and I am afraid they'll influence me into thinking that, or they'll think I think so too.

Also, consider a general purpose internet forum. It is not populated by experts in anything. Winning an argument on Apolyton is not difficult.

What you need to do is visit, say, sci.econ, soc.history.what-if, alt.talk.libertarian or some similar place where real freaks live. Usenet is the better challenge

If you get one of them to conceede a point, I'll buy you a virtual beer

I wasn't actually talking about apolyton. In most serious discussions here, most people show excellent smarts. Seriously. And arguing with experts is mostly pointless on an issue in which you're an amateur. They'll pwn you simply by dragging the discussion into the technical. You learn from experts, usually, not argue with them.
                urgh.NSFW

Comment

BTW, I just love the thread title

Comment

Re: My RL friends and online rivals consider me a juggernaut of knowledge and logic

Originally posted by Az
                    If there is any debate, I generally ASSRAPE win them, both in RL, and on other online forums. If there is more of an informative discussion, I surprise people with knowledge from their own field of expertise. I am hailed as the best achiever in terms of career and education by my RL friends and "scholarly and wise" by my online opponents.

My issues with it:

A) I fear it may influence me, and make me arrogant.
                    B) Furthermore, I fear it may make me complacent, and I'll become content with my achievements in school, and life in general.

-I love my friends, and think they're of great smarts and intelligence - and talking to them is stimulating and fun.
                    -I also enjoy the places I browse on the web. I discuss interesting stuff - like architecture, urban planning, transportational infrastructure, and Israeli politics.

I am not willing to give up on any of them.

What should I do?

Dont worry Az. I still think you're an arsehole

Comment

Originally posted by Az

Gee, thanks. My friends are smart - as smart as I am, if not more. They're simply not realizing their full potential. And I said that I like them a lot, and I am not willing to give them up. I also like the OL forums.
                      If this is true, then stop being an ass and help them debate better. Then maybe they can then trounce you and rid you of your inflated ego.
                      If you don't like reality, change it! me
                      "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                      "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                      "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

You post here, which is all proof you could need you're an idiot.
                        Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                        The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

If this is true, then stop being an ass and help them debate better. Then maybe they can then trounce you and rid you of your inflated ego.

But they don't want to. They will either say that they don't want to talk about it anymore, or they'll say that they don't accept logic, and don't want me to be so logical.

And don't you think it's sounds a little condescending to say "Hey, you bunch of morons, I'll teach you some logic!".
                          It's especially funny that you say "don't be an ass" prior to that.

You post here, which is all proof you could need you're an idiot.

How about a fresh joke, or a real debate?
                          urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by Gangerolf
                            QFT

Comment

We still haven't met for a proper hamburger, beer, and socio-economical discussion!

Comment

Working...
                              X