My RL friends and online rivals consider me a juggernaut of knowledge and logic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Az: when have you ever won a debate?

not to be an insult... it's just you usually don't engage in actual debate...

edit: oh... other forums...

NEVERMIND
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Re: My RL friends and online rivals consider me a juggernaut of knowledge and logic

Originally posted by Az
      A) I fear it may influence me, and make me arrogant.
      Do something at which you suck, but where you'd like to excel.
      or: get acquainted with a group of people who are scholarly-wise above you. I used to think I was a genius when I was a teen (and all my friends said so), until I made the humbling experience of attending elite classes, and be among the worst students.
      B) Furthermore, I fear it may make me complacent, and I'll become content with my achievements in school, and life in general.

Give you other aims, ambitious ones. Do you know if you could sustain a successful long-term relationship? If not, try.[/QUOTE]
      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
      "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
      "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Az
        But they don't want to. They will either say that they don't want to talk about it anymore, or they'll say that they don't accept logic, and don't want me to be so logical.

And don't you think it's sounds a little condescending to say "Hey, you bunch of morons, I'll teach you some logic!".
        It's especially funny that you say "don't be an ass" prior to that.
        I assumed that you do have tact, and would not openly mock your own friends. Was I wrong in my assumption?

If they state that they won't accept logic, then why are you carrying out logical debates with them? It seems kind of a waste of everyone's time.

Otherwise, give them hints, help them along, or simply, expose the weaknesses of your own arguement in the hope they might catch on and force you to think better.
        If you don't like reality, change it! me
        "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
        "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
        "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

not to be an insult... it's just you usually don't engage in actual debate..

man! pot! kettle! black!

We still haven't met for a proper hamburger, beer, and socio-economical discussion!

It's not my fault you're in the goddamn army.

Spiff:

Do something at which you suck, but where you'd like to excel.
          or: get acquainted with a group of people who are scholarly-wise above you. I used to think I was a genius when I was a teen (and all my friends said so), until I made the humbling experience of attending elite classes, and be among the worst students.

In class, I usually understand all material very well - even when I don't do well in tests. Except higher math, that is. But I don't like it, anyway.

Give you other aims, ambitious ones. Do you know if you could sustain a successful long-term relationship? If not, try.

Now would I want that? ( But I'll want that, later on... )
          urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by Az

man! pot! kettle! black!
            hahahahhahah I guess I touched a nerve!!!

I never claim to engage in actual debate!

in fact, I pride myself in doing the exact opposite!

it's not a good thing that you routinely lower yourself to my level

PWNED!
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Az

You post here, which is all proof you could need you're an idiot.

How about a fresh joke, or a real debate?
              It's not a joke, it's the sad truth. Only stupid losers post at 'Poly OT.
              Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
              The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

I never claim to engage in actual debate!

I never claimed that you claimed that. and no, not really.
                urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by Last Conformist

QFT
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Az

no, not really.
                    you wouldn't have responded to me if I hadn't
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

you wouldn't have responded to me if I hadn't

despite your many previous experiences, not everyone that notices your posts is offended by them.
                        urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by Az
                          In class, I usually understand all material very well - even when I don't do well in tests. Except higher math, that is. But I don't like it, anyway.
                          Go to a better class. Duh.
                          "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident

Comment

Nah, that would be Eventis. We do have a few non-losers here in 'Poly (well, at least one: I think Flubber is our token non-loser).

Comment

eh? define 'better class'.
                              urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by Az
                                eh? define 'better class'.
                                The kind of class where students are suckers for punishment. Where the difficulty is so terrible, and the professors so obnoxious, that an exhausting work scores you 2/20. And where a few geniuses calmly hover about all ye drones sweating like hell to get crap.

Comment

Working...
                                X