Nightwish fires Tarja Turunen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nightwish fires Tarja Turunen

Apparently a letter (readable in Finnish at http://www.sonosmetallicos.net , Nightwish's site is rather overloaded at the moment) was published today on Nightwish's web site in which it is stated that last Friday's gig in Helsinki was the current line-up's last and that Nightwish is looking for a new female vocalist. In the letter, the former vocalist Tarja Turunen is accused of selfishness and greed. Is this the end of one of Finland's most praised export products?

Oh no

Comment

hopefully she comes back to her senses, and everything can come back to as they were.
      My Words Are Backed With Bad Attitude And VETERAN KNIGHTS!

Comment

Would Ted hit whatever her face is?
        B♭3

Comment

Damn

(Who? )
          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

PH - not nice. at least get some of their music first.

Comment

why wasn't I supprised to see this thread here...

The local scandal newspapres gonna have a blast with this one - first get a crying-out-loud comment from Tarja or her spouse (or whatever). Then milk the remainign four. Find all the people who might have anything to say (good or bad - no matter if they knew or didn't know the band) And people are just hunting for rumours true or not (mostly not) Damm...

Oh and if you think this is a untrue, just look at the amount of pictures of the band with a new solist the fans have photosopped on the net today.

Actually it's been funny to follow this an IRC today.
              (As I'm not interested in thier music - the whole matter is almost couldn't care less )

Comment

not easy being both president and popstar, no wonder she went over the edge
                CSPA

Comment

The big question is this:

Would Ted hit this? ?

B♭3

Comment

I say
                    "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
                    "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

She doesn't look half bad.

Certainly better than the girl my mother tried to hook up me with today.
                      Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                      The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Originally posted by Sirotnikov
                        PH - not nice. at least get some of their music first.
                        Oh have a sense of proportion
                        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Q Cubed
                          The big question is this:

Would Ted hit this her? ?
                          looks much better now

Comment

Nightwish peaked with Oceanborn anyway so no big deal IMO

Hopefully she finds more fruitful projects to work with now.
                            The enemy cannot push a button if you disable his hand.

Comment

Frankly, if Ted wouldn't hit that, I'd wonder if somebody else had gotten hold of his login.
                              Lime roots and treachery!
                              "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

Working...
                              X