Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is true.

Comment

Points are a function of calculations made, so the faster your CPU the more points you get. The job size doesn't really factor into it.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

other than my electricity bill, is this going to cost me anything? Wear and tear on my fans or other bits?
        Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

I'm assuming your fans are running when your computer is on already?

Since it'll make your processor at 100% usage for however long your computer is on, it can drain a bit more power and generate more heat. So if you have a very hot processor it may act like a heater for your room.

I've had my Athlon 64 3200+ on 24/7 and running WCG for about a year now, no complaints.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

I had my LAN offline for some time, so it didn't process the packet fully, and zeroed on me.

urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
              Points are a function of calculations made, so the faster your CPU the more points you get. The job size doesn't really factor into it.
              I mean when you submit a job that was twice as big you get twice as many points.

Lets say I run job A on my computer and it takes 4 hours. I get 100 points. I run job B and it takes 8 hours (both times I'm not using my computer at all). I'm assuming B gives me 200 points.
              12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
              Stadtluft Macht Frei
              Killing it is the new killing it
              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Well since that would probably have taken twice as many computations, yes.

Comment

I figured. Just explaining to Asher what I meant in my original post.
                  12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                  Stadtluft Macht Frei
                  Killing it is the new killing it
                  Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Here's the current list of members ranked by points generated: http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/te...Id=635XNJBR9N1

Top 10:

1. Plato: 506,007
                    2. Asher: 475,099
                    3. SysOP-Lauri: 251,210
                    4. MarkG: 220,532
                    5. Flameflash: 194,454
                    6. Kuciwalker: 181,357
                    7. Boris Godunov: 142,550
                    8. Dauphin: 124,394
                    9. vladantlerkov: 118,468
                    10. MattH: 108,258

Comment

I'm still there despite having stopped running it months ago

(my dad made me take it off our computer )

Comment

I´m downloading the protein stuff

my dad made me take it off our computer

why..?
                        I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

He refused to be convinced that it was safe

Comment

maybe he just thought you were gay and was trying to sound nice
                            I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
                              I'm still there despite having stopped running it months ago
                              Me too.
                              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

woot, look at the difference the new people are making.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X