Quick, recommend me a film!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick, recommend me a film!

I might pop to the cinema in a bit and I haven't got a clue what is worth watching. So come on, what do you recommend? Nothing too sloppy either...
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Doom.
    "Our words are backed with NUCLEAR WEAPONS!"​​

Comment

Doesn't appear to be out here yet I'm afraid, but thanks anyway...
      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Wallace & Grommit!

Comment

Ah yes, Wallace and Gromit...that's doable, an 23:15 viewing is on as well
          Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Happy to be of service.

Comment

Now for another big question: Greenwich or Bexleyheath
              Speaking of Erith:

Comment

"A History of Violence"

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
                  Now for another big question: Greenwich or Bexleyheath
                  Nearest one. Or ring them both and check that neither is full.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
                    "A History of Violence"

I have noticed that film, plus it has an 18 certificate (definitely a plus ). But what is it about?
                    Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
                      "A History of Violence"

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison

I have noticed that film, plus it has an 18 certificate (definitely a plus ). But what is it about?
                        from http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/history_of_violence/

Canadian director David Cronenberg, whose impressive oeuvre includes such disparate works as THE DEAD ZONE, THE FLY, DEAD RINGERS, M. BUTTERFLY, and SPIDER, has made what might be the best film of his career with A HISTORY OF VIOLENCE. Loosely based on the graphic novel by John Wagner and Vince Locke, the movie stars Viggo Mortensen as Tom Stall, a quiet, easygoing family man who runs a diner in a small Indiana town. But when two dangerous criminals come into the restaurant prepared to wreak havoc, Stall turns hero and shoots them both. After Stall's story is blasted all over the media, Philly mobster Carl Fogaty (an excellent Ed Harris) shows up, claiming that Tom is actually former hit man Eddie Cusack--and they've got some important business to finish. While Stall insists that Fogaty is mistaken, his family--his wife, Edie (Maria Bello); teenage son, Jack (Ashton Holmes); and young daughter, Sarah (Heidi Hayes)--gets dragged into the danger that constantly threatens to explode. Cronenberg, whose films often deal with the fantastical, the futuristic, and the supernatural, has done a masterly job creating a wholly believable modern world where evil lurks just around the corner. Howard Shore's tense, moody music complements the outstanding acting in a violent, powerful film that is not to be missed.

it is awesome
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Apparently it's remarkably comprehensible for a Cronenberg film.

Comment

and Maria Bello gets naked in the movie too

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I've heard nothing but praise for A History of Violence.

David Cronenberg

Nekkid Bello

Comment

Working...
                              X