Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Bof!

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
        Yeah, but the English pwn the French .

After all, the English haven't been conquered since the Normans did it in 1066
        That is because they live on a fu**ing Island.

Not because they are particularly good fighters, the spanish tercios, the french under Napoleon, or the Germans would have pwned any English army fighting on land.

I do admit the engliosh are good at cowardly fighting from their ships shooting cannonballs!
        I need a foot massage

Comment

Excuses excuses...
          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Indeed... the jealousy is thick
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Brachy-Pride

That is because they live on a fu**ing Island.

Not because they are particularly good fighters, the spanish tercios, the french under Napoleon, or the Germans would have pwned any English army fighting on land.
              I think it had more to do with english weather, english food, and english women. Who would invade for any of that?
              I'm consitently stupid- Japher
              I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

I'd invade for Elizabeth Hurley
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

I think it had more to do with english weather, english food, and english women. Who would invade for any of that?

Even the Romans got only halfway up that sh*thole before they decided it wasn't worth it to go any further.

Lime roots and treachery!
                  "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                    I'd invade for Elizabeth Hurley
                    This is a FAMILY site!!
                    I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                    I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Originally posted by Thorgal

It was not very well for Spain not becuase French rule was bad inherently but becuase spaniards reveled due to some sort of savage (but very comprehensible IMO) patriotic pride and it resulted in a very bloody guerrilla war and major destruction. However the next Spanish King was far worse for Spain than any invasion.
                      Yeah the results were pretty mixed depending on the duration of and the grip of Napoleon's rule. To a country like Russia he was solely a menace, and their victory over Napoleon even set back liberalism and the cause of reform. Over the whole, he did deal a mortal blow to the Ancien Regime in West Europe.
                      Last edited by Colon™; October 22, 2005, 18:03.
                      DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Originally posted by Theben
                        This is a FAMILY site!!
                        Quiet, prude!

Comment

Hey, nationalistic postering all around.

This could've been an interesting thread.
                          urgh.NSFW

Comment

Dude, nationalistic posturing is fun.

Comment

urgh.NSFW

Comment

Since this thread already hs lost it's virginity, then here is some serious news :

Waterloo pwns !!!

It has been elected as the best song in the ESC in 50 years - guess that Winston is totally ecstatic
                                With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Working...
                                X