No announcement yet.

Anyone Watching Rome On HBO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's actually more akin to getting the book online without charge, but nice try .
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

okay...

so you are not consistent in your stance in what is considered theft

thanks for clarifying this
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

okay...

so you are simply trying to justify your stealing, even though you know you are a thief

thanks for clarifying this
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
          Well usually I don't care so much (maybe karma will take care of mp3 downloaders ), but in this case, I'd rather have people pay for HBO so that they could continue to bring us shows like Rome. Rome isn't cheap for one and neither are the other shows they have on (Carnivale got canceled because of the cost combined with low ratings ).

I think people that put out good work should be rewarded and not have their product downloaded for free.

If they don't want it downloaded, they should of done it through live theater.
          Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
            if someone buys a book, reads it... then tells you the story...

DID YOUR FRIEND JUST HELP YOU COMMIT A CRIME????

after all, you just found out the story... you didn't pay for the book... the author did not receive compensation for his work!!!

what if I go to a friend's house and watch ROME over there? I didn't pay for HBO yet I still watched ROME???? that's the same as him copying it for me!

BTW, this last episode of ROME was AWESOME!

Spoiler:
            Brutus is finally ready to STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB
            And you accused ME of using a stupid analogy?
            A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

What's wrong with his analogy? It is logical isn't it?
              "In Italy for 30 years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed. But they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love. They had 500 years of democracy and peace. And what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."
              —Orson Welles as Harry Lime

Comment

MosesPresley

some people are just mad because they are not consistent with their definition of theft

I go to a friends house and watch Rome.

OR

I download Rome.

In both instances I did not pay for it.

Either it is stealing in both instances or it isn't.

Sava PWNS n00bs
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by MosesPresley
                  What's wrong with his analogy? It is logical isn't it?
                  You can borrow your neighbor's saw or use it with him on a project (akin to watching a movie or show at a friend's house), but no one thinks that means you have stole it.

Buying something doesn't mean you don't have a bit of leeway in sharing it with a few people.

Unless you are saying that Sava himself is inconsistent with his definition of theft?

(though if you say that they are using the saw with the owner's permission, that doesn't work for shows or software.. the owners are the producers who let you view the show under certain conditions... and you still didn't pay for it).

Comment

apples and oranges

you can't compare a physical object... a saw... to a TV show, more specifically, a show that is on pay cable

my PWNAGE CONTINUES
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

[q=Save]you can't compare a physical object... a saw... to a TV show, more specifically, a show that is on pay cable [/q]

Because it destroys your point .

Sava is so pwned.

Comment

Because it destroys your point .
                        because they are two COMPLETELY DIFFERENT THINGS

hence

APPLES

ORANGES

you = PWNED

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

because they are two COMPLETELY DIFFERENT THINGS

Yeah, keep saying it if it'll help you sleep better at night.

Seeing as how theft is taking something from the owner without permission in both cases, most intelligent people realize that they aren't that different at all. The only difference is the nature of the legal transaction (to not be theft). If you weren't so eager to get free stuff, you'd acknowledge it.

Comment

again... theft implies loss

prove a loss has taken place
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

again... theft implies loss

redefining words so you can justify your own stealing.

If you take a necklace, and then change your mind and return it before the lady wakes, you are still going to jail, even though the owner was unconscious the entire time and experienced no 'loss'.

Comment

redefining words so you can justify your own stealing.

If you take a necklace, and then change your mind and return it before the lady wakes, you are still going to jail, even though the owner was unconscious the entire time and experienced no 'loss'.

sorry Imran... I'm not redefining anything

in just about every piracy thread I have always used that argument

those 3 little words...

THEFT IMPLIES LOSS

it kills the argument of the anti-downloading crowd...

PWNED AGAIN

if you want more, just keep posting... I'll be here all night
                                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                                X