No announcement yet.

Anyone Watching Rome On HBO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been watching, but I missed the last episode. Apparently I missed an interesting one. We're fast approaching the Et tu, Brutus? moment.

-Arrian
    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Oi, carefull on the spoilers!! The BBC is only on episode 2 or 3 remember.
      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by Sphinx871
        How is using TiVo any less of a petty theft? Network and basic cable shows only make money from advertisers, so by digitally recording episodes and skipping commercials you might as well be taking money out of the talented, hard-working artists' pockets, right? Or can you just use it on paid HBO to avoid perdition's flames?
        1) The discussion is about HBO; there's clearly nothing wrong with using TiVo on HBO.

2) SCOTUS ruled it's covered under fair use.

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
          I've been downloading it.
          where?

I got rid of HBO, I did watch the first few episodes though. It was alright. I'm curious if that one chick ever told her husband that was her baby.

Comment

Originally posted by reds4ever
            I download it. If it wasn't free I wouldn't buy it, therefore I am perfectly entitled to steal it!
            that's how I feel about music.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun
              Seriously though -- even if you did not sell your copy of a car, it is still stealing, because this undercuts the purpose of the car company in the first place -- TO MAKE A PROFIT.

So, in compensation, the company has to increase the price for honest buyers, such as Imran, myself, and others.
              bad argument. Every company needs to make a profit. Am I required to support every business out there by buying their products?

Comment

Originally posted by Dis

where?
                Limewire

Search for: "Rome" in the video tab.

You weren't expecting that were you... looks like an upside down squirel sir.
                Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by Dis

bad argument. Every company needs to make a profit. Am I required to support every business out there by buying their products?

Where do you get the ludicrous idea that you have to buy every product from every company even if you don't want the product simply to support a company's drive for profit?

Instead of deliberately distorting my statement, know this -- when you want a particular product, and you have a choice between stealing or honestly buying it, choose the latter.

Don't get it twisted.
                  A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

funniest post in the thread
                    you want to compare IQ's?

I am a genius. This has been confirmed by professionals (psych eval).

Don't let my obnoxious internet rantings fool you.
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Where do you get the ludicrous idea that you have to buy every product from every company even if you don't want the product simply to support a company's drive for profit?

Instead of deliberately distorting my statement, know this -- when you want a particular product, and you have a choice between stealing or honestly buying it, choose the latter.

Don't get it twisted.
                      what if I can't afford the product? I'm not rich you know.

Comment

Originally posted by Dis

I don't recall an amendment where everyone has the right to whatever movies and music they want.

Comment

I just can't consider electronic bits and bytes property. Sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
                            I just can't consider electronic bits and bytes property. Sorry.

So the whole notion of copyright laws and patent rights are nonsense to you then.

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
                              I can't afford an HDTV... I don't consider it property, so it should be mine!
                              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

if someone buys a book, reads it... then tells you the story...

DID YOUR FRIEND JUST HELP YOU COMMIT A CRIME????

after all, you just found out the story... you didn't pay for the book... the author did not receive compensation for his work!!!

what if I go to a friend's house and watch ROME over there? I didn't pay for HBO yet I still watched ROME???? that's the same as him copying it for me!

BTW, this last episode of ROME was AWESOME!

Spoiler:
                                Brutus is finally ready to STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB
                                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                                X