Anyone Watching Rome On HBO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Watching Rome On HBO

The official website for Rome (LWM) on HBO, featuring interviews, schedule information, behind the scenes exclusives, and more.

I started watching it with low expectations since it was HBO but I've really gotten into the series since I saw it a few weeks ago. I didn't expect a documentry and Im not watching it to learn history but I like the story and the characters are interesting to me. Since I've been gone for a nearly two months with the Katrina operation it's the only thing I've actually watched on TV on a regualr basis. Anyway, I'm sure some of the history purists here will loath it but it's pretty good. It's definitly in the HBO tradition as of late.
    Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

yeah... I think there is another thread about it... but it's gotta be at least 3 or 4 pages back by now
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
      yeah... I think there is another thread about it... but it's gotta be at least 3 or 4 pages back by now
      That's what I get for slacking off and not dropping in
      Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

SLACKER!
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I've been downloading it.
          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

THIEF!

“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
              I've been downloading it.
              yeah me too...
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                THIEF!

I see multiple movies at the theater too.

Hmmmm, the wife is home.
                Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Well usually I don't care so much (maybe karma will take care of mp3 downloaders ), but in this case, I'd rather have people pay for HBO so that they could continue to bring us shows like Rome. Rome isn't cheap for one and neither are the other shows they have on (Carnivale got canceled because of the cost combined with low ratings ).

I think people that put out good work should be rewarded and not have their product downloaded for free.

Comment

Che's gettin lucky!!!!!

to quote Joncha

DON'T GET IT TWISTED!

I downloaded episode 1. It was good.
                    Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

oh yeah, its crazy good!
                      Que l’Univers n’est qu’un défaut dans la pureté de Non-être.

- Paul Valery

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                        Well usually I don't care so much (maybe karma will take care of mp3 downloaders ), but in this case, I'd rather have people pay for HBO so that they could continue to bring us shows like Rome. Rome isn't cheap for one and neither are the other shows they have on (Carnivale got canceled because of the cost combined with low ratings ).

I think people that put out good work should be rewarded and not have their product downloaded for free.
                        eh...

irrelevant...

if it wasn't available for download, then I just wouldn't be able to watch it...

it's not like I'd just go out and subscribe to HBO...

it's a good show, but not worth the extra money I'd have to pay monthly for HBO
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I download it. If it wasn't free I wouldn't buy it, therefore I am perfectly entitled to steal it!

Comment

They went a very different direction with Cleopatra than is traditionally done.

That said, I'd still hit it.
                            "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                            "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by reds4ever
                              I download it. If it wasn't free I wouldn't buy it, therefore I am perfectly entitled to steal it!

Comment

Working...
                              X