Top ten innovations of the last 250 years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by molly bloom

Yet obviously they weren't- since the American Supreme Court could decide that 'negroes' weren't men, and neither, fairly obviously, were women.

The idea of 'all men' being 'created equal' leaves a lot of room for definition as to who or what is a man- and in fact it was declaration made in an age when classification by 'race' was being given a spurious scientific background.

You'll note as well that one signatory of the Declaration of Indpendence certainly wasn't equal to the others- Charles Carroll, being Roman Catholic, didn't have the franchise:

As for what happened in the 19th century, your point? since the innovations are of the last 250 years inclusive of any modifications/refinements made in the intervening years.

If I wasn't clear please address the above or continue to illuminate the subject with as many nonsequitors as possible as you see fit.
    "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Working...
    X