Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Moral, ethical and monetary delima.... Does this make me a horrible person?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also Tia -- if you ahve such a bond with this patient person, like you are friends are something, there is nothing that says you couldn't visit sometimes as a friend.

Job wise the choice is clear . . . The receptionist gig is more money with more potential to develop yourself. If the only thing going for the home care gig is your relationship, you can always continue that in an unpaid way

QFT
    urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by Az
      Also Tia -- if you ahve such a bond with this patient person, like you are friends are something, there is nothing that says you couldn't visit sometimes as a friend.

Job wise the choice is clear . . . The receptionist gig is more money with more potential to develop yourself. If the only thing going for the home care gig is your relationship, you can always continue that in an unpaid way

QFT
      Ok I've been off the board for a while what does QFT mean?

Husband said the same thing. Can't bond with people, it's a job. It's just not in my nature. Which may be a good point. Maybe I needed this experience so that in the future I won't make the bonding mistake again or possibly rethink my medical career.
      Welcome to earth, my name is Tia and I'll be your tour guide for this trip.
      Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild
      Dragons? Yup- big flying lizards with an attitude. ~ Laz
      You are forgiven because you are FABULOUS ~ Imran

Comment

Originally posted by Tiamat

Ok I've been off the board for a while what does QFT mean?
        Quoted For Truth

Its a short way to signify total agreement
        You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Husband said the same thing. Can't bond with people, it's a job. It's just not in my nature. Which may be a good point. Maybe I needed this experience so that in the future I won't make the bonding mistake again or possibly rethink my medical career.
          Tia

You CAN bond with prople while doing a job. There is nothing wrong with that at all if it does not interfere with your duties. BUT the job and the personal relationships are separate and you shouldn't confuse one with the other.
          You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

OOOOOooohh I thought it meant quit fuc*ing talking
            Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild

Comment

Comment

QFT = Quoted For Truth

There isn't anything wrong in having feelings for your patients, but there are a limit - if you pass it, you can't do you job. Try ask Mrs Tube how long time it would take her to become a psyciatric patient if she couldn't make a proffesional distance.
                With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by Flubber

Tia

You CAN bond with prople while doing a job. There is nothing wrong with that at all if it does not interfere with your duties. BUT the job and the personal relationships are separate and you shouldn't confuse one with the other.
                  Thanks. I think that what I was doing. Husband said I was making the decision to take this job much harder then it really needed to be because of that.

Comment

Originally posted by Flubber

Well damn! You know me, someone's always telling me to shut up I thought that's what it was.

Comment

To be honest, I didn't know what it meant at first, as well. And "Quit ****ing talking" crossed my mind. ( together with Quantum Field Theory )
                      urgh.NSFW

Comment

If you prefer the higher paying job, then that's what you need to do.
                        Bonds also can be temporary, or stretched thinner.
                        Think of the bonding as chewing gum. Is it just a sticky mess?
                        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

If the home health company can't pay you then it's probably not long for this world. That's probably why they need you to work everyone else's shifts - the other ladies quit. Soon it will fold and your job will be gone, so you'll have to leave the patient anyway. You should consider the possibility that they may be playing fast and loose with Medicare or the insurance company. Ask yourself - why aren't the supplies arriving? Is the company billing for goods and services not being provided? OTOH Medicare and Medicaid have been known to drag their feet on paying, or even giving themselves a five finger discount on services being provided. They can change their reimbursement schedule without notifying their providers, so it's possible that the home health company could be completely innocent. A company provides services expecting to get paid a certain amount, then after the services have been rendered they find out that the fee schedule was changed months ago and that they will be paid less. The government may even exact retroactive price cuts. Still, as I said above, if the company is on it's last legs you're only forestalling the inevitable. Your patient will soon need another homew health provider anyway.
                          "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Is the family paying these people? Have you talked to them about your not getting paid?
                            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

"Quoted for Truth"? What type-A church group Dad came up with that one?

QFT stands so obviously for "Quite ****ing True" that it can't be anything else.

Comment

Tia I have read some of your posts and find you in a position to make a good earning working for agency nursing. I take your a cna. Agency can be a lot different then home health owned by a moron that has their heads up their ass. I curently work for favorite nurses a world wide agency that employees medical professionals. I used to do prn after working staff at numerous hospitals. They paid me very well. I am now on a 9 month contract where All i do is scrub in surgery. I dont do patient care or push drugs etc. I am a rn but i am not acting like one. This was to good a deal to pass up. I am being paid 13 dollars an hour thatis taxable, i am also being paid 200 for travel, 400 for living expenses and 150 for food a week, this money is non taxable. i bring home 1300 a week on this gig. The agency offers benefits but i dont need them cause i am inusred through tubers work. My advice is to check out the agencies for prn work or contracts. I have to tell ya i worked 40 hours a week when i put my self through nursing school it was freaking hard. Ai worked double shifts of weekends 7 a to 11 p sat and sun and 8 during the week. school kicked my ass but you seem tohave a supprt person husband to help ya i was going through a divorce and raisng 3 kids by myself. I am in sa and would be more then happy to give ya some of the agenices here in san antonio
                                When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
                                "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
                                Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

Working...
                                X