No announcement yet.

Warming Winter Recipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's not fair! Why do the gay guys get all the good recipes?
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Here's one.

Red wine
      Cinnamon powder
      Brown sugar

Mix the three. Warm in a microwave for a couple of minutes. Enjoy.
      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Glühwein / Punsch !!!!

Red wine
        Oranges
        Sugar
        Several Spices

Pour the wine into a pot. Peel some oranges, slice and add them. Add cinnamon, cloves and what you feel like tastes good (I've had some with nuts and grapes). Add lots of sugar and heat it, but don't let it cook so that not all the alcohol escapes. Drink it while it's hot.

Absolutely sweet and warming drink!

Comment

Mulled Wine. Never had it (beer got in the way) but this winter I shall!*

*make my own
          Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
          -Richard Dawkins

Comment

hot mulled cider with brandy.
            I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
            [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
              It's not fair! Why do the gay guys get all the good recipes?
              We get to **** the women. It's a tradeoff I'm more than prepared to make.
              Last edited by Kontiki; October 18, 2005, 15:04.
              "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
              "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
              "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

I still think we come out the winner in that trade.
                Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
                -Richard Dawkins

Comment

stupid comparisons (don't you think that comparing recipes with sex, discriminates the latter?)

Mulled wine / Glühwein / Punsch / whatever name there exists
                  You'll not be dissapointed Starchild!

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
                    Schnuggler: Hot Chocolate with Peppermint Schnoppz
                    OMG!!!! I discovered that stuff last winter, it is the bomb!! **licks lips**
                    Welcome to earth, my name is Tia and I'll be your tour guide for this trip.
                    Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild
                    Dragons? Yup- big flying lizards with an attitude. ~ Laz
                    You are forgiven because you are FABULOUS ~ Imran

Comment

Originally posted by self biased
                      hot mulled cider with brandy.
                      Add some ginger and cinnamon to enter cider nirvana.
                      The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Chocolate milk. With vodka in it, if you prefer.
                        Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                        The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

In winter I like making huge stews and daubes, with lots of stock and reduction to boost the flavours.

A beef broth with good beef (such as a shin with the marrow in), beef stock or ale, and pearly barley or lentil- that's a great winter warmer. Preferably witn oven-crisped dumplings or roast spuds.
                          The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

A beef broth with good beef (such as a shin with the marrow in), beef stock or ale, and pearly barley or lentil- that's a great winter warmer. Preferably witn oven-crisped dumplings or roast spuds
                            yup yup

even a basic tomato soup with a cheese sandwhich
                            Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Atahualpa
                              Glühwein / Punsch !!!!

Red wine
                              Oranges
                              Sugar
                              Several Spices

Pour the wine into a pot. Peel some oranges, slice and add them. Add cinnamon, cloves and what you feel like tastes good (I've had some with nuts and grapes). Add lots of sugar and heat it, but don't let it cook so that not all the alcohol escapes. Drink it while it's hot.

Absolutely sweet and warming drink!
                              Sounds a bit like Wasil, had it last year at my sister in laws.
                              Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild

Comment

Originally posted by Lazarus and the Gimp
                                In winter I like making huge stews and daubes, with lots of stock and reduction to boost the flavours.

Pardon my ignorance as I am from Texas, but what is a daube?

Comment

Working...
                                X