Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Word.
    Lime roots and treachery!
    "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

We don't need no water let all the willies get dirt, dirt in your willies, dirt....
      In da butt.
      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
      THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
      "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Re: Modern Day Gladiator Games anyone?

Originally posted by Cookie Monster
        What if they brought back gladiator style games back to the modern world?

Who here would pay money to go see Gladiator type games?

Today's society seems to be addicted to violence in entertainment. Our movies and video games have violence in them. Reality tv is a big fad in North America. Would this type of reality entertainment be over the top?
        I think that modern day reporting from warzones (CNN in Iraq f. ex.) comes pretty close to watching gladiators.
        "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
        "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

Pro-wrestling as a concept also approaches the concept of Gladiators.

But what if we brought current entertainment concepts to the Roman days? The Romans would be able to enjoy fantastic shows, like:

- Frater Magnus
          - The Apprentice, with Emperor Nero
          - CSI: Roma
          - Roman Idol

Comment

how the hell does pro-wrestling approach the concept ?
            In da butt.
            "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

People come to an arena and pay to watch spectacular violence. Given, no-one really gets hurt, but the basic concept is there.

Comment

Originally posted by Zopperoni
                But what if we brought current entertainment concepts to the Roman days? The Romans would be able to enjoy fantastic shows, like:

- Frater Magnus
                - The Apprentice, with Emperor Nero
                - CSI: Roma
                - Roman Idol
                I think it would be much better entertainment if, instead of "you're fired," they summarily executed the losers.
                "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

Zopperoni, spectacular violence? It's not violence.. it's peopel bouncing off of each other, big buff guys talking trash. It has the circus part in it, but not the violence part.
                  In da butt.

Comment

I think selected acts really hurt like hell.

Originally posted by Cyclotron
                    I think it would be much better entertainment if, instead of "you're fired," they summarily executed the losers.
                    Yea, with Emperor Nero, the term "you're fired" might be a bit too literal.

Comment

And I suppose they would have to have a fiddle-ing competition too...

Comment

Working...
                      X