• Show
Clear All

• Survey says: Bush=major suckage

CBS News poll on Iraq released 10 October, 2005
    Conducted 10/3-5/05;
    Surveyed 808 adults;
    Margin of error +/-4%

1. Do you think the result of the war with Iraq was worth the loss of
    American life and other costs of attacking Iraq, or not?

Worth it—32%

Not worth it—64

Don't know/NA—5

2. Do you think removing Saddam Hussein from power was worth the loss of
    American life and other costs of attacking Iraq, or not?

Worth it—34%

Not worth it—57

Don't know/NA—9

3. In order to pay for Hurricane recovery and rebuilding in the Gulf Coast,
    would it be acceptable or unacceptable to you to cut spending on the war in
    Iraq?

Acceptable—62%

Unacceptable—33

Don't know/NA—5

4. Looking back, do you think the United States did the right thing in
    taking military action against Iraq, or should the U.S. have stayed out?

Right thing—41%

Stayed out—55

Don't know/NA—3

5. Thinking back to your views of the war when it began two years ago, which comes closer to your view: 1. the U.S. was right to take military action to remove Saddam Hussein from power, but then should have left Iraq immediately after that, or 2. the U.S. should never have taken military action against Saddam Hussein and Iraq in the first place?

Right thing to remove Saddam—36%

Stayed out in the first place—63

Don't know/NA—2

6. In order to pay for the war with Iraq, would it be acceptable or
    unacceptable to you to increase the federal budget deficit?

Acceptable—30%

Not acceptable—66

Don't know/NA—4

7. How would you say things are going for the U.S. in its efforts to bring
    stability and order to Iraq? Would you say things are going very well, somewhat well, somewhat badly, or very badly?

Very well—4%

Somewhat well—39

Somewhat badly—27

Very badly—28

Don't know/NA—2

8. Which of these do you think is most likely?
    1. Iraq will become a stable democracy in the next year or two.
    2. Iraq will become a stable democracy, but it will take longer than a year
    or two.
    3. Iraq will probably never become a stable democracy

Will in the next year or two—4%

Will, but will take longer—45

Will never become democracy—49

Don't know/NA—2

9. Should the United States troops stay in Iraq as long as it takes to make
    sure Iraq is a stable democracy, even if it takes a long time, or should U.S.
    troops leave Iraq as soon as possible, even if Iraq is not completely stable?

Stay as long as it takes—36%

Leave as soon as possible—59

Don't know/NA—5

10. As you may know, later this month Iraqis are scheduled to vote in a
    referendum on a new constitution for Iraq. From what you know, do you think most of Iraq is secure enough for Iraqis to vote in their upcoming referendum, or is most of Iraq not secure enough for Iraqis to vote?

Secure enough to vote—34%

Not secure enough—56

Don't know/NA—10

11. As a result of the United States' military action against Iraq, do you
    think the United States is more safe from terrorism, less safe from terrorism,
    or hasn't it made any difference?

More safe—32%

Less safe—24

No difference—42

Don't know/NA—1

12. As a result of the United States' removing Saddam Hussein from power, do you think the United States is more safe from terrorism, less safe from
    terrorism, or it hasn't made any difference?

More safe—27%

Less safe—17

No difference—55

Don't know/NA—1

13. Do you think Saddam Hussein was personally involved in the September
    11th, 2001 terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon?

Yes—33%

No—55

Don't know/NA—12

14. As far as you know, were Saddam Hussein and al-Qaida working together in the months before the war in Iraq or were Saddam Hussein and al-Qaida not working together in the months before the war?

Were working together—39%

Were not working together—41

Don't know/NA—19
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Yes—33%

No—55

Don't know/NA—12

All you're proving is that 33% of Americans are idiots.
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

More recent poll results from CBS if anyone is interested.

Poll: Fading Support For Iraq War: http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/...in930772.shtml

Poll: Bush Ratings Hit New Low: http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/...in924485.shtml

Poll: Iraq War Takes Toll On U.S.: http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/...in855969.shtml

and just ense anyone forgot that Americans are retarded here is one which shows 55% of Americans believe in Creationism and think Evolution is a lie.

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse

Yes—33%

No—55

Don't know/NA—12

5. Thinking back to your views of the war when it began two years ago, which comes closer to your view: 1. the U.S. was right to take military action to remove Saddam Hussein from power, but then should have left Iraq immediately after that, or 2. the U.S. should never have taken military action against Saddam Hussein and Iraq in the first place?

Don't know/NA—2

And that many of 63% are bald faced liars.
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse

Yes—33%

No—55

Don't know/NA—12

Do you think I don't know that? By and large these people are called Bush voters and there are "news" organizations like Fox News which continue to propogate this lie to this very day. They spent years building this lie, make a half assed retraction buried at some low ratings time, then go back to oblique refrences linking the two. Rove has done his darndest to link them and the right wing shows have all helped to build this lie.

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither

Don't know/NA—2

And that many of 63% are bald faced liars.
            Given that support was running at around 55-60% immediately before start of hostilities (jumped immediately following start) something like 20% of the total are bald-faced liars, yes.
            Stadtluft Macht Frei
            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I do notice that Bush's approval ratings seem to stick around 36% to 39% lately which roughly matches the 33% who stupidly still think Saddam was working with Al Qaeda and that invading Iraq some how hurt Al Qaeda.

These people live in la-la-land and it is useless to attempt to educate them. They listen to Rush Limbaugh and believe gays and the "Lib'ur'ls" are to blame for everything. These dumb ****s are why there are now warning labels on everything because they're to stupid to figure out not to drink gasoline without a warning label.

Comment

I'd like to take this opportunity to point out that my views on:

The existence of WMD
                The connection between Saddam and Sept. 11
                The overall value of starting a war in Iraq

have not changed an iota in the last two years, and I have this forum's archives to bear me out...
                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

It's funny that compared to the average American regarding Iraq I was a dove in 2003 and I'm a hawk now...

Stadtluft Macht Frei
                  Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I never bought the WMB arguement but did support invading Iraq on the grounds that it would produce a swing oil producer. I also greatly underestimated how grossly incompetant Bush was and how his cronies were just into enriching themselves instead of actually dealing proactively with anything.

There was a one year window where the Iraqis were willing to support us if we rebuilt their country back to the level achieved in 1979 (before three wars ****ed the place up). Bush didn't allocate the funds and what funds were allocated got sucked up by companies like Halliburton while producing very few visable facts on the ground which Iraqis could see as signs of reconstruction. After a year the insurgency started up in earnest and Bush belatedly really tried to get meaningful reconstruction going but by then it was to late. We'd lost public support and once again the lion's share of funds got sucked up by contractors without producing many visable results. Hell, the construction on the Bridge across the Tigress in Tikrit didn't even start until summer 2004 (a year after the occupation began) and didn't finish until I was leaving in November 2004. To little to late and the people figured we weren't doing them much good and they wanted us gone.

First impressions are what matters and if we went all out right off the bat most Iraqis would have supported us. But without power and running water they got pissed off very quickly.

Comment

Why do you hate freedom, Oerdin?
                      A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Stay the course!
                        We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Speaking of which, I was in a debate today, and someone said, "We're even rebuilding Iraq, why can't we build New Orleans?" There are so many things wrong with that statement.

Last edited by Tassadar500; October 13, 2005, 11:57.

Comment

The sad part is that the Yanks were disenchanted exactly the same by Nixon and fell in the same trap. And in the future, yet another scumbag will manipulate the American people, who'll again follow blindly, before reacting a few years later.
                            "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                            "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                            "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Nuclear

Speaking of which, I was in a debate today, and someone said, "We're even rebuilding Iraq, why can't we build New Orleans?" There are so many things wrong with that statement.

:lol
                              A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Working...
                              X