Apple has blowout quarter -- profits increase 400%

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Asher
    Verto sends word via MSN (he's banned) that he concurs that the new iMacs look terrible.
    His fanboy status has officially been revoked.
    ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

I like Big Macs.

Comment

Mac 'n' Cheese is better.
        Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov
          Mac 'n' Cheese is better.
          Kraft Three Cheese Mac n Cheese is teh best

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

It's the cheesiest.
            ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

Meanwhile, Creative Technology share price has plummeted from about $16 to about $7.50. No suprise given its crappy products that hardly anyone wants.
              Golfing since 67

Comment

Creative's main problem isn't with sales, it's with their high costs leading to lower profit margins.

That's what happens when you use quality components.

Maybe if they went el cheapo like Apple but got some industrial designer to make the case look pretty, they'd be as fiscally successful.
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Maybe if they went el cheapo like Apple but got some industrial designer to make the case look pretty, they'd be as fiscally successful.

Now you're talking sense.
                  KH FOR OWNER!
                  ASHER FOR CEO!!
                  GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

The Zens and iPods are fundamentally different markets.

People who buy Zens do so because they favor quality over other factors.
                    People who buy iPods favor social conformity and trendyness.

One is a fashion accessory, one is a digital music player.
                    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

The iPod is both a fashion accessory and a digital music player (maybe not as good as a Zen in your opinion, but it definitely performs the job).

The Zen is just a digital music player.

iPod 2 - Zen 1
                      KH FOR OWNER!
                      ASHER FOR CEO!!
                      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

When the iPod graduates to mid-1990 boombox audio quality it will qualify as a digital music player.

Comment

Once again, superier quality rules.

Comment

When the iPod graduates to mid-1990 boombox audio quality it will qualify as a digital music player.

And when the Zen becomes as stylish as a mid-80's boombox, maybe it will qualify as a fashion accessory.

KH FOR OWNER!
                            ASHER FOR CEO!!
                            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

In my opinion the Zen Micro Photo looks better than the anorexic disproportionate iPod Nano.

There's too much white/black space on the Nano.

Comment

I actually took a look at the Zen Micros the other day, just because you push them so hard. Wouldn't buy one; too clunky.
                                KH FOR OWNER!
                                ASHER FOR CEO!!
                                GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X