Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*twitch* ...thank God these people aren't in the gene pool.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *twitch* ...thank God these people aren't in the gene pool.

Salon's article on RealDoll afficionados

In short, realdolls are life-size barbie-dolls you can screw. They're several grand each.

The article speaks of a few users who... well, seem to be quite off. Disturbingly off.

Discuss.
    B♭3

uhmmmm... I kind of think you'd have to be disturbingly off to have one of those... though, it'll keep the crazies out of the morge
    Monkey!!!

Comment

Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

eh...

okay

whateva

the one pic looked pretty real

I would have to see it

I don't think i'd pay $6500 for one...

but if someone gave me one as a gift, i'd prolly use it

better than masturbation i suppose

some people do have problems with socializing, no need to make fun of them

it's the people who wanted dogs and little kid dolls that concern me... those are the real sickos
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

If someone wants to have sex with a sex doll I figure thats their business and isn't even that far out there in the world of fetish and kink.

But I agree that some of the guys seem far too into the scene. . . . Which may not be suprising when you read profiles of people who have never ever dated a real woman
          You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Im sure the novelty would wear off after a while, that and I would have to hide the damn thing in the loft any time respectable company came round.

And it would be messy
            Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

They could be spending 6500 bucks on real life company with a prostitute. Generally whatever makes folks happy and doesn't hurt anyone else should be fine.

Personally I don't see the point but hey whatever floats your boat
              You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

It's more the "being too far into the scene" thing that disturbs me more than the fact that they own a deluxe doll.
                B♭3

Comment

Precisely, and the fact that some of them are assigning names and having deep and meaningful relationships with them. It's a masturbatory toy, nothing more...
                  Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I've heard of people using them as sculptures, rather than hiding them away. I'd be up for having one, though I think Gemma'd feel a little weird about it
                    Smile
                    For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
                    But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

They've be useful if you were a really bad illusionist or knife-thrower and couldn't find a glamourous assistant.

Comment

Ok, playing videogames with one does sound, disturbing. But I'm just repeating what many others have said and am contributing nothing to this thread.

Comment

I saw a "Ken doll" in an American post order catalogue, which a woman could place at the passenger seat of her car to keep road hijackers away.
                          So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                          Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Originally posted by Chemical Ollie
                            I saw a "Ken doll" in an American post order catalogue, which a woman could place at the passenger seat of her car to keep road hijackers away.
                            Also useful for people that want to cheat and use the carpool lanes when in the car alone

Comment

[shudder]
                              I caught something about this the other night on late night channel4. My gf and me had to switch over after watching a 'granddad' show off his pride and joy - he'd even rigged it in a pully system from his bedroom ceiling(hanging by its neck!) for 'ease of access' [vomit!]. the worst thing was this 'doll' of his was dressed like a primary school girl...it was very disturbing
                              'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

Working...
                              X