No announcement yet.

How do u get rid of malware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Mrs. wants to know if these things can lock up apolyton.

ACK!
    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

format your hard drive

reinstall windows

it's the only way to be sure!
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
        Jeesh I can't believe how many people are missing my tone.. I was only joking..! Now I am upset however, you are so stupid to miss it.. the time I hit the Submit Reply is when I noticed that hey someone posted something the same time. Maybe you guys need a brain pill.. If you notice my reply, it was one minute after, meaning that I did realize it came the same time. Jeesh people.. you are so horribly horrible.
        Pekka ... your sense of humor is a bit odd apparently, as I certainly didn't read any humor in your replies. I suggest a more liberal use of smilies
        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Microsoft anti-spyware is free and works well. Adware pro is also pretty good. I suggest you download both and run them both since sometimes one program misses certain malware while the other picks it up.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

No I don't smile. Apparently I would need to. Besides, not all humoUr is supposed to be ha-ha. It can be 'wtf?' or 'hey that dude is a jerk!'. I like offending people mostly, but not with typical racial slurs or calling them usual names with lots of swearing. So what. Sue me or buy a brain, because there won't be any smilies in the future either so I just might be mad or not, but it's one of them so be ready! Yozaa!
            In da butt.
            "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
            THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
            "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
              Pekka ... your sense of humor is a bit odd apparently, as I certainly didn't read any humor in your replies. I suggest a more liberal use of smilies
              Read a few Pekka threads, and you'll get to know his sense of humour better.

Personally, I think Pekka is the funniest poster currently active in the OT
              "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
              "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
              "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

adaware
                spybot
                and blah blah
                I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

I put the computer in safe mode and it's completely blank.

Says safe mode in the corners and windws....service pack 2 at top but the rest is black.

ACK!

Comment

I dont want to have to use the recovery disc. Isnt there any other way. Would a restore point work if i have one before this started happening?
                    When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
                    "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
                    Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

well if you go to the normal mode, can you boot it up normally or the same results as with the safe mode?

IF you can boot it up normally, google the results for the removal of this malware, and do it step by step. IF you can't understand what they mean, post the steps here and ask and we'll help ya..
                      In da butt.
                      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

Winfix2005 victim [CLOSED] - posted in Virus, Spyware, Malware Removal: hey im a noob but my girls comp got the winfix 2005 thing. heres the log. thanks in advancedLogfile of HijackThis v1.99.1Scan saved at 8:22:54 PM, on 9/20/2005Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)Running processes:C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exeC:\WINDOWS...
                        When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.

Comment

see if that makes any sense to someone
                          I dont get it

Comment

Ok that thread has no help to fix the problem, just someone presenting the same problem and asking for help.

WINFIX2005 / WINANTIVIRUS PRO 2205 [RESOLVED] - posted in Virus, Spyware, Malware Removal: NEED HELP. TRIED SEVERAL REMOVAL TOOLS WITH NO LUCK. STILL HAVE WINFIX2005HERES LOG;email edited out...Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1Scan saved at 12:15:47 PM, on 10/9/2005Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)Running processes:C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\csrss.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32...

the above link, I didn't read it through but quickly got it from the forums and that might be the fix, now read it and ask the questions, things you can't figure out.
                            In da butt.

Comment

The first step is boot up in safe mode...... it's balnk in safe mode.

ACK!

Comment

Please download VundoFix.exe at http://www.atribune.org/downloads/VundoFix.exe to your desktop.

* Double-click VundoFix.exe to extract the files.
                                * After the files are extracted, please reboot your computer into Safe Mode. You can do this by restarting your computer and continually tapping the F8 key (or F5 in some machines) until a menu appears. Use your up arrow key to highlight Safe Mode then hit enter.

-----------------

you did that thing first?
                                In da butt.

Comment

Working...
                                X