How do u get rid of malware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do u get rid of malware

I need some help on how to get rid of this dam thing that keeps popping up on my laptop. The thing is winfix2005 and its driving me freaking nuts. I am almost ready to toss the laptop out the dam window. I have no clue how it got on the computer. I am using a compaq presario 2200 with windows xp as an os anyone that knows how to git rid of this please help before i smash this computer
    When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
    "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
    Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

I'm just too strong, they get out of my way pretty quickly.. So I usually just flex few muscles.

Other than that, ad-aware and spybot - search and destroy has been pretty handy.

Both are freeware, means you can download and use them for free.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Run all the usual programs: Adaware, Spybot Search & Destroy and AVG. If you haven't got them already, they're all free to download.
      Otherwise, just search for the winfix2005 sites on Google. I guarantee that someone else has had this problem before, so hopefully you'll be able to get some good advice on how to remove it.

Comment

I think Ive getting hastled by the same thing

I tried running adaware, although I dont think it did the trick

Is it the 'java application' one that you cant get rid of with alt-f4? I right click on it and choose close, that way only 1 extra pop up comes up
        Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

oh yeah duke, please why don't you just repeat my posts so you feel more intelligent...

Also, don't ask for the links for these apps, because you have to do it yourself! Life is hard!
          In da butt.
          "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

I have avg and search and destroy. I also have microsoft antispyware and they havent been able to get rid of this
            I googled this thing and came up with a list longer then my leg to rid the pc of this but i dont understand what they are saying. Funny i can build the pc and format the hd but i cant fix this crap.
            When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
            "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
            Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

Pekka, look at the timestamps between your post and duke's...
              The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

"I also have microsoft antispyware"

there's your problem. It prolly is spyware itself Asher in 4..3..2..1...

basically, if the apps that remove these thingies are not removing it, then you need to do step by step removal manually, and basically google the answer like you did. Or you can wait that some of the programs get updated to deal with the problem, a day which many never come.
                In da butt.

Comment

Drose, oh yeah, why don't you start being smart too. I guess you want to ride on his wave, somehow lifting you to new levels as well. Well I got news for you buster, not gonna happen.

Mrs Tubes, why don't you get them instructions how to remove it, and copy every step you can't understand here, and we can help you with it?
                  In da butt.

Comment

get spybot and a process checker/killer(if windows won't do that for you).

It might be coolwebsearch, in that case you need cws shredder. cws is particularly insidious, and should its creators ever be found they should be drawn and quartered.

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
                      oh yeah duke, please why don't you just repeat my posts so you feel more intelligent...
                      Time to take a pill and chill Pekka. If you'll notice, your post and Duke's post came in at the same time. He wasn't merely repleting you. You just hit the "Submit Reply" button an instant before he did.

Comment

Pekka, I'm quite happy with the level I'm currently at, and want to assure you that I have no intentions whatsoever of moving myself to your level.

Comment

Jeesh I can't believe how many people are missing my tone.. I was only joking..! Now I am upset however, you are so stupid to miss it.. the time I hit the Submit Reply is when I noticed that hey someone posted something the same time. Maybe you guys need a brain pill.. If you notice my reply, it was one minute after, meaning that I did realize it came the same time. Jeesh people.. you are so horribly horrible.
                          In da butt.

Comment

We are going through what the Geeks to go forum say to do.

It is really involved.

ACK!
                            Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

For Snotty, and whoever else is having this trouble. That's true Tubs.

Comment

Working...
                              X