No announcement yet.

DARPA Grand Challenge -- Photo Finish?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DARPA Grand Challenge -- Photo Finish?

Check the automatically-updated Status Board on the Grand Challenge Web Site. Only 1 mile separates Red Team Too (Carnegie Mellon University) and Stanford Racing Team (Stanford University) at the 94 mile mark.

It could be a photo finish!
    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Thanks for the link!

Comment

Stanford Racing Team has taken the lead at the 102 mile mark!

Only 34 miles to go!
      I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Wow, looking at how narrow the tunnels they have travelled through are, I'm impressed

Comment

What about the fact that the bots have started in (five minute?) intervals? Does this get counted, or is the first one across the finish line the winner?

Comment

The times count, AFAIK. There is no reverse handicapping.

Comment

Ahhh.... Team ENSCO dropped out at 81 miles. They were on course to compete at the finish!

Comment

The dropout rate is nothing spectacular, about the averege for a F1 race on a rainy day

The bots have progressed immensly in just a year

Comment

I think the Red Teams are the ones with most corporation money... here is a pic of the standings some minutes ago:
                  Attached Files

Comment

Stanley, the lead vehicle from Stanford Racing...
                    Attached Files

Comment

This race has evolved way beyond last year.

DARPA

They gave us the Internet, let's hope we get safer cars out of this experiment.
                      We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Safer cars? I was thinking they want to use this to kill people in foreign countries with fewer own casaulties

Comment

Stanford has opened up a 5 mile lead at the 120 mile mark. Only 12 miles to go!

Comment

Originally posted by VetLegion
                            Safer cars? I was thinking they want to use this to kill people in foreign countries with fewer own casaulties
                            The objective, after all, is to get the other poor bastards die for their country or causes rather than to have your guys die for theirs.

Comment

Red Teams probably have same software and navigating hardware and it shows. Their distance probably amounts to luck and chasis.

Comment

Working...
                              X