No announcement yet.

Religious extremists oppose cervical cancer vaccine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder how these people would react to a HIV vaccine?

I wonder what they would say to my patient who got HIV from being raped?
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

But wouldn't someone be a better, more moral person if, in the face of temptation, they still made the right decision, rather than having the decision taken from them entirely? Isn't that the point of free will? Isn't that why God let us dumb****s eat from that ****ing tree?
      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

It's too bad the subject of introduction of the vaccine on the forums was on religious fundamentalist opposition, because I so badly wanted to make a comment saying that we would have one more happy citizen (or content citizen if a laster version) in all of our cities.
        "Compromises are not always good things. If one guy wants to drill a five-inch hole in the bottom of your life boat, and the other person doesn't, a compromise of a two-inch hole is still stupid." - chegitz guevara
        "Bill3000: The United Demesos? Boy, I was young and stupid back then.
        Jasonian22: Bill, you are STILL young and stupid."

"is it normal to imaginne dartrh vader and myself in a tjhreee way with some hot chick? i'ts always been my fantasy" - Dis

Comment

What's that? A fundie exploding?
          It's a graphical representation of my anger at the stupidity of religious fundamentalists

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer

Tetanus booster.
            Also Hep B vaccine
            12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
            Stadtluft Macht Frei
            Killing it is the new killing it
            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I wish those people to get cervical cancer

It's always good to see people getting a dose of their own medicine
              "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
              "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
              "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor
                I wish those people to get cervical cancer

It's always good to see people getting a dose of their own medicine
                I could agree with you if it was the parents that got hit, but unfortunatedly, it's their children that are hit because of the stupidity of their parents.
                With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat
                  I could agree with you if it was the parents that got hit, but unfortunatedly, it's their children that are hit because of the stupidity of their parents.
                  Well, now that I've seen young people being religious nutjobs, I would suspect that some young women take part in this pathetic little crusade.

However, you're right. I hope they personally experience it, rather than people for whome they should be responsible. Wishful thinking
                  "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                  "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                  "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by DanS
                    I doubt that even most whacky fundies oppose the vaccine, although I do note that there are no other vaccines of which I am aware that are given at age 12. This is just a tempest in a teacup.

Of course, abstinece is still the only way to prevent all STDs, etc.
                    You can get HPV through nonsexual contact as well. It spreads also through skin to skin contact though the chances are a lot smaller. If someone goes to the bathroom, doesn't wash their hands, then touchs a door nob, the next person can catch it if they then rub their eyes, nose, a cut, or similiar type stuff. AFAIK most cases are sexually transmitted though.
                    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer
                      I wonder how these people would react to a HIV vaccine?

An HIV vaccine would not be acceptable here in United States because that would mean the risk of blacks and gays having access to the vaccine.
                      A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

And this all comes from what? That you shouldn't have sex.

Nice way to shove down everyone's throat your personal believes, and makign people die in the process. Even Jesus would disagree with these nutjobs.

These folks will never understand, that no matter what, young people WILL HAVE SEX. Period.
                        In da butt.
                        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                        THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                        "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

I can already see people defending future doctors who would say 'no I can't give this vaccine because it's against my believes' because you can't be forced to work around your ethics..

'but you took the oath to....' SHUT UP LIBRUL! You burn in HELL!!!!!

lol
                          We should make these fundies our slaves.. work for free for us etc.. whip them to death and stuff.
                          In da butt.
                          "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

Even a foreigner like Pekka has figured out this game.
                            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

You don't have the exclusive rights for fundies

However, let's just say ours are WAY more moderate and I guess librul, but I'm sure there are some folks hiding in the dark, ready to kill the humanity because they are such sinners who eat twice a day or something.
                              In da butt.

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse

Also Hep B vaccine
                                In recent years the HepB series has generally been given in the first year of life.
                                "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                                "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Working...
                                X