Hundreds Dead in Powerful Asian Earthquake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
    I was wondering more about the first two paragraphs. And I knew they were dangerous, I asked how they were dangerous.
    Well, if you read the thread form start and include some that I think has been deleted, then there has been some real bad taste jokes/comments.

What may have triggered MOBIUS's venom against you could be that your questions could be considered some kind of naive.
    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

I still didn't make light of the disaster or defend those that did...

Comment

This is quite weird, and I think MOBIUS thinks the same - me understanding him and he to accept that I agree

MOBIUS just fired at all in his post and got you included - could maybe have thought that your questions was some kind of joking - who knows - MOBIUS' ways are weired.
        With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
          I still didn't make light of the disaster or defend those that did...
          If you didn't did those things then you have nothing to worry about...

Just to clear things up once and for all so there is no misunderstanding whatsoever...

Verto was guilty of the tasteless joke and Winston was guilty of defending him.

There. Everyone on the same page now?
          Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

I don't have anything to worry about either way. What am I going to do, cower in fear at being the subject of one of your rants?

Comment

Besides all ranting, the situation worse than you can imagine. According to local new :

Roads are blocked to several sites and only mules can reach.

Bad weather prevents choppers to fly - one is already crashed.

Weather is going for winter and people are without shelter - at least 100.000 tents are needed and that is more than production capacity can handle.

India has offered choppers, but pakistan will only accept if there are no Indian crew.

I seriously don't think that we know the real bodycount before next summer.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

India hails Pakistani quake plan

Perhaps if they didn't spend over a week faffing around about who's allowed to do what etc, the relief effort might be far more advanced than it actually is...

...oh well better late than never...

Comment

I did not 'defend' anybody's tasteless joke. I pointed out that Urban Ranger still has a ways to go when it comes to sensible moderating.

But it's interesting to see I can still get you all worked up, MOBIUS, even when I'm not trying, and even after I've repeatedly told you to stay the hell away from me.

Comment

*cough* ahem *cough*
                    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

• Well I thought UR's moderating was spot on.

The guy crossed the line, people called him on it and he was unrepentent. Actions such as those are totally indefensible in the eyes of any right thinking person...

Earthquake victims in urgent need of shelter from snows

Over a million people are still homeless and time is running out...

Comment

• Originally posted by Winston
                        I did not 'defend' anybody's tasteless joke. I pointed out that Urban Ranger still has a ways to go when it comes to sensible moderating.
                        Bull. He's just not your traditional yankee yeeehaaa interpreter of facts mod ( @ Ming )

UR

Comment

• There should be a discuss the mods forum!
                          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• And get back on topic here...

If you have a complaint with the mods, take it up with the owners via PM... and NOT here.

so get back on topic or get restricted....
                            Keep on Civin'
                            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• According to my radio news this morning, UN estimates 80 000 dead and 10 000's more to starve or freeze to death in the next few weeks if the relief efforts are not escalated.
                              So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                              Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

• The family of a Swedish UN observer who lived in a 10-story building that collapsed in Islamabad has now been confirmed dead. They used to live less than 100 km from here, so it's big in my local newpaper. They were missing from day one, but several people have been found alive under the rubble of their house since then, so their freinds around here have been hoping for the best. But no

Not that a Swedish life is worth more than a Pakistani, but naturally you tend to care more about friends and neighbours.

And if Usama Bin Laden is among the fatalities, lets
                                So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                                Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Working...
                                X