Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Revolutionary Idea to Save the World!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He might be a little suprised at being called a commie.
    I'm consitently stupid- Japher
    I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Re: Re: My Revolutionary Idea to Save the World!

Originally posted by Urban Ranger

By mass/volume or height-width-thickness?

If the former, than we indeed consume only 50% of the resources, but we will only be shortened by the cube root of 2 in height and other dimensions.

If the latter, we will be 1/8 of the current mass.

The side effect of this is people die sooner, because the heart will need to pump faster.
      There´s another side effect,
      as the brain would also be reduced in size,
      there might be a certain loss of intelligence
      (not that this would matter much for a large percentage of the human population )
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Are all the short advocates short to start with?

Phil Collins
        Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

This idea wouldn't work. More resources available = more reproducing = so in the end smaller, but much more humans.

Blah

Comment

Also, I don't wanna be 4ft. 4ft's tiny.

Comment

Re: My Revolutionary Idea to Save the World!

Originally posted by Seeker
              Reduce the size of the human body (for future generations) by 50%!
              I'd only do it if my **** could stay the same size.
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Blazers. 50%. God thats less than 4ft. Thats tinnier. Screw that.

Comment

When are we going to stop kidding ourselves and implement Aldous Huxley's plan?

Soma and copious sex

Comment

"I don't wanna be 4ft"

LOL you're 8' tall?
                    "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
                    "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
                    "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

Originally posted by Snotty
                      Are all the short advocates short to start with?
                      My friend is 6'1"...
                      I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin

I'd only do it if my **** could stay the same size.
                        It'd still be relatively small, just not as bad.

Comment

Re: My Revolutionary Idea to Save the World!

Originally posted by Seeker
                          Here it is:

Reduce the size of the human body (for future generations) by 50%!

If we did that, we'd essentially consume 50% less resources.

It is probably not that difficult biologically to stunt growth genetically.

We'd enter a golden age economically and environmentally. Think of it! For a tiny human, a 1 story 2 bedroom house could be renovated to become a 2 story 4 bedroom house, using less surface area and materials. Less food eaten, less clothing, less transportation energy wasted on smaller masses.

We should start with the western countries and end with africa to maximize the beneficial effect.

Downsizing is Good!
                          Why is less, less and less good for the economy? I thought the principle of growth for our economies is more, more and more.

Comment

Originally posted by Atahualpa

Why is less, less and less good for the economy? I thought the principle of growth for our economies is more, more and more.
                            More more and more is good for growth, but growth is bad.
                            Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Working...
                            X