Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Revolutionary Idea to Save the World!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Revolutionary Idea to Save the World!

Here it is:

Reduce the size of the human body (for future generations) by 50%!

If we did that, we'd essentially consume 50% less resources.

It is probably not that difficult biologically to stunt growth genetically.

We'd enter a golden age economically and environmentally. Think of it! For a tiny human, a 1 story 2 bedroom house could be renovated to become a 2 story 4 bedroom house, using less surface area and materials. Less food eaten, less clothing, less transportation energy wasted on smaller masses.

We should start with the western countries and end with africa to maximize the beneficial effect.

Downsizing is Good!
    "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
    "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
    "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

How big would our midgets be?

Also, smaller = weaker. We could only do fifty percent of the work we do now. Except not really. Because of computers and robots and such. But there are still labor jobs in the world. Lots of them.
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Midgets driving SUVs, hmm.
      Long time member @ Apolyton
      Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

NEVER! That would make Chihuahuas twice as big compared to humans. We are not going to throw thousand of years of work in making microdogs for some half baked alfalfa sprout eating tree huggin hippie idea
        If you don't like reality, change it! me
        "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
        "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
        "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Asian people can't afford to lose half their height.

Comment

Originally posted by Verto
            Asian people can't afford to lose half their height.
            How about just three quarters of their width instead?
            Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Straight out of the Genesis album Foxtrot.

Comment

Originally posted by kittenOFchaos
                Straight out of the Genesis album Foxtrot.
                The song is "get them out by friday"

This is an announcement from Genetic Control:
                "It is my sad duty to inform you of a 4ft. restriction on humanoid height."

EXTRACT FROM CONVERSATION OF JOE ORDINARY IN LOCAL PUBORAMA
                "I hear the directors of Genetic Control have been buying all the properties that have recently been sold, taking
                risks oh so bold.
                It's said now that people will be shorter in height,
                they can fit twice as many in the same building site.
                (they say it's alright),
                Beginning with the tenants of the town of Harlow,
                in the interest of humanity they've been told they must
                go-go-go-go."
                Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Yeah, but then criminals will get the antidote, grow to appear about ten feet, and terrorize the populace.
                  meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

You can get an antidote to genetics that can be put into effect for the adult organism?

First job should be to inject more intelligence into the average internet forum. If it can work there, then move on to the government of a good sized country or state. If it works there, then move on to clinical trials on chimps prior to using such technology on normal humans.
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=)
                    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Re: My Revolutionary Idea to Save the World!

Originally posted by Seeker
                      By mass/volume or height-width-thickness?

We'd enter a golden age economically and environmentally. Think of it! For a tiny human, a 1 story 2 bedroom house could be renovated to become a 2 story 4 bedroom house, using less surface area and materials. Less food eaten, less clothing, less transportation energy wasted on smaller masses.
                      If the former, than we indeed consume only 50% of the resources, but we will only be shortened by the cube root of 2 in height and other dimensions.

If the latter, we will be 1/8 of the current mass.

The side effect of this is people die sooner, because the heart will need to pump faster.
                      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither
                        First job should be to inject more intelligence into the average internet forum. If it can work there, then move on to the government of a good sized country or state. If it works there, then move on to clinical trials on chimps prior to using such technology on normal humans.
                        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

You can get an antidote to genetics that can be put into effect for the adult organism?
                          The whole question is hypothetical. This is like a Vesayen thread. The laws of logic do not exist.
                          meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Re: My Revolutionary Idea to Save the World!

Here it is:

If we did that, we'd essentially consume 50% less resources.

It is probably not that difficult biologically to stunt growth genetically.

We should start with the western countries and end with africa to maximize the beneficial effect.

Downsizing is Good!
                            Not too shabby, except my best friend thought of it over 15 years ago (well he said drop average height to 5 ft., but essentially the same idea).

So it's not really "revolutionary" or "yours".
                            I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                            I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Re: Re: My Revolutionary Idea to Save the World!

Originally posted by Theben
                              Not too shabby, except my best friend thought of it over 15 years ago (well he said drop average height to 5 ft., but essentially the same idea).

So it's not really "revolutionary" or "yours".
                              Damn commies stealing all the revolutionary crack-pot ideas.
                              Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Working...
                              X