our_man fumes at the UK transport system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by our_man
    Right. I've managed to get a ticket as far as Birmingham for £29. I should be able to pick one up from Birmingham to Leicester for £7.50. It's still not cheap, but it's a hit my wallet can take. Watch this space for further unfolding travesties.
    That's not bad really....I pay £30 every other weekend for a return from Liverpool to Oxford, and that's with a railcard....
    Desperados of the world, unite. You have nothing to lose but your dignity.......

Comment

Originally posted by reds4ever

You've never been to Coventry have you.......?
      You've never been to Grimsby have you?
      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

We lived for three months in a paper bag in a septic tank. We used to have to get up at six in the morning, clean the paper bag, eat a crust of stale bread, go to work down at the mill, fourteen hours a day, week in, week out, for sixpence a week, and when we got home, our dad would thrash us to sleep with his belt.
        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Luxury. We used to have to get out of the lake at six o'clock in the morning, clean the lake, eat a handful of 'ot gravel, work twenty hour day at mill for tuppence a month, come home, and Dad would thrash us to sleep with a broken bottle, if we were lucky!
          Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

I'm sure Leicester won't be that bad in the end. BTW, you've never been to Glasgow, have you?

I PWN U 411!!!
            STDs are like pokemon... you gotta catch them ALL!!!

Comment

You refering to the Goebbels?

No need for spelling Nazis to tell me its Gorbals, ok?

Comment

rent a car :|

UK public transport is one of the most expensive and worst services in the developed world
                Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison

Thank God for Grimsby!
                  "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
                  "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

No, thank Satan for Grimsby
                    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I see your Grimsby; and raise Grimsby Fish Docks
                      "An Outside Context Problem was the sort of thing most civilisations encountered just once, and which they tended to encounter rather in the same way a sentence encountered a full stop" - Excession

Comment

I think they are all classed as one amalgamated horror. I worked there for a bit. When approaching Grimsby on the A180 and the smokestacks and chimneys can be seen in the distant, it is reminiscent of Mordor...
                        Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Mordor ain't that bad.

Comment

More barbarians in Grimsby. I mean, what town would choose "It's grim up north" as their advertising slogan?

Comment

Enticed to the smell of rotten fish? Give us a try - The Grimsby tourist board

Comment

Wahey, I'm back! A very interesting, worthwhile conference I must say.

Somehow I managed to survive my nightmare 11 hour journey back on the National Express - it's not exactly a quality service, but what can you expect for £9?

Leicester is a kip. Period. Glasgow is the Jewel of the Empire compared to it. I stayed in a B&B for £30, unfortunately, I only received the 1st B.

I had a 100 minute wait in Birmingham, so I decided to explore a bit. I made it to the city centre, which is very, very classy. Birmingham
                                STDs are like pokemon... you gotta catch them ALL!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X