Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alabama Church prepares youth for frat parties.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a boring threadjack
    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

I think the question is would the fish start to dissolve before or after it suffocated
      Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor
        What a boring threadjack
        OK, I'll give $250 to anyone who can prove that their digestive acids can dissolve a goldfish before it suffocates (under normal conditions).
        That, and they get to go to heaven!

Comment

When was the last time that swallowing goldfish was a part of the fraternity scene? 1938? 1954? Shouildn't they be preparing the kids to survive toxic quantities of alcohol by progressively inducing their hepatic enzyme systems, i.e., give them increasing doses of booze on a daily basis over a period of months? ?
          "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Re: Re: Alabama Church prepares youth for frat parties.

Originally posted by aneeshm

Have you forgotten the episode of the Loaves and the Fishes ?

Was that Seinfeld or Fawlty Towers ?
            Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

I think the acid would probably destroy the gills first, thus suffocating the goldfish. Most people swallow large quantities of air, and the otherwise moist environment would keep the gills lubricated and able to exchange gases, except for that whole being disolved thing.
              Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Az

I doubt it. It takes a while for full digestion to kick in, and it would probably suffocate long before that. Not that it makes for a much pleasanter demise.

I am pretty sure there is enough acid to dissolve a little goldfish in the stomach at all times.
                Stomach acid isn't the concentrated HCl in chem labs, if it was, vomiting would be lethal. The acid is there mostly because the digestive enzymes need a low pH to work best.

Comment

Stomach acid has a pH of about 2 in the absense of food or water.
                  "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Stomach acid isn't the concentrated HCl in chem labs, if it was, vomiting would be lethal. The acid is there mostly because the digestive enzymes need a low pH to work best.

No DUH. The question was will it kill it. The answer is - YES, definetly. in less time that it would take to suffocate it. Try to pour some "diluted" HCl in your eye for maximum effect.
                    urgh.NSFW

Comment

Working...
                    X