Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CIA worked in tandem with Pakistan to create Taliban.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, this www.reference.com Encyclopedia lies and this definition: "A conventional war is a war where nuclear or biological weapons are not used, whereas, unconventional warfare (nuclear warfare) is a war where such weapons are used " is completely wrong?

Comment

• As you sow , so shall you reap . I wonder when America will realise this .

Comment

• Originally posted by Urban Ranger

The US Cold War practices were much viler.

Yeah- everyone knows the Soviet Union killed East Germans, Hungarians, Czechs, Poles and Russians with kindness.

And they only ever supplied food aid to needy third world countries, like Somalia and Ethiopia and Syria and Guinea.

And it had only the best of intentions in letting internationally renowned scientists stay in psychiatric hospitals, or the politically naive work off their frustrations in picturesque woodland camps.

In Siberia.

And of course when they funded international terrorism on a global scale, nobody ever died.

At Lod Airport, or in Rome, or Paris, or West Germany, or Athens....
        Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

• Molly

Now please, one of your fish recipes
          Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
          Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
          Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Saras
            Molly

Now please, one of your fish recipes
            Not strictly fish- I did have a very good one for octopus with Spanish smoked paprika, but I've mislaid it.

I had a good one for salmon lasagna too- you need smoked salmon, limes, coriander and flat leaf parsley, and you need to serve it pressed and chilled. Unfortunately, I suspect that one's in Australia, where it proved very popular with guests, along with the chilled coconut shrimp soup, too.

In any case, U.R. saying that the U.S. was much more beastly than the U.S.S.R. or China is like arguing about which disease is worst, arthritis or rheumatism.

Even if we ignored the Soviet Union's appalling record on human rights and political freedoms at home (which compare unfavourably even with McCarthyite witch hunts or J. Edgar Hoover's targetting of political dissidents- can you imagine what Stalin or Beria would have thought of such feeble measures ?) then there are still the activities of the Soviet Union against the peoples of the Baltic republics, Poland, East Germany, Hungary, Czechoslovakia, et cetera.

You know that it doesn't get off to a good start when their involvement begins with yet another 'Defenestration' in Prague.

Even then, if we allow for the Warsaw Pact countries as the home ground of the Soviet Union, then you still have the funding of avowedly terrorist activities in Nato countries, in 'unfriendly' third world countries, and the maintenance of a flow of arms to countries which could ill afford to wage war- in which respect of course, the Soviet Union is just like the U.S. or international arms traders, behaving like a morality free zone.

As much as I opposed (still oppose) American policies in the developing world, I also supported Soviet Jews and dissidents in Eastern Europe. It says much about the Western binary philosophical tradition that criticising one side leads people to exalt another, and overlook the grossest of abuses and faults.
            Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Working...
            X