• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sava

EAT THAT RED SUX!!!!
    Sava : White Sox :: LoA : Red Sox

(hey, remember those from your SATs?)
    "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
    ^ The Poly equivalent of:
    "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

huh?

I never took SAT's

I took ACT's
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

: = is to
        :: = as
        "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

okay...

now what is "LoA"?
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Lawrence of Arabia...duh

Comment

is he a Red Sox fan?

I should point out I'm more of a Cubs fan... but I still like the Sox. I'm not one of those Cubs fans that hates the Sox. My sister's fiance is a bigtime Cubs fan and he is really rooting against the White Sox. I think he's being a moron, quite frankly. I don't understand how you can be from Chicago and like one team and dislike the other. I mean, they are both Chicago teams! It's not like the NHL where they are in the same division like the NY Rangers and the NY Islanders.

I'm rooting for the White Sox because I want Chicago to have a World Series team.
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Ming
                Ist post season Win for the White Sox since 1959...
                Damn that's a long time. I'm glad the Red Sox finally won and we don't have to hear their whining any longer and can go back to just hating them.
                He's got the Midas touch.
                But he touched it too much!
                Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Originally posted by Ming
                  Ist post season Win for the White Sox since 1959...
                  First post season HOME win for the White Sox since 1959. They beat Toronto twice (in Toronto) in 1993 and Baltimore once (in Baltimore) in 1983. Both teams then went on to beat the Phillies in the Word Series. Hmph.
                  "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
                  "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
                  "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Originally posted by Stuie

First post season HOME win for the White Sox since 1959. They beat Toronto twice (in Toronto) in 1993 and Baltimore once (in Baltimore) in 1983. Both teams then went on to beat the Phillies in the Word Series. Hmph.
                    Thanks for the clarification
                    Keep on Civin'
                    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Just keeping you honest, Ming.
                      "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
                      "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
                      "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

I don't understand how you can be from Chicago and like one team and dislike the other.

Don't be silly Sava. Of course you can dislike a team from your own city. Mets fans dislike the Yankees (and vice versa). You want to be the best team in the city. Screw the other team!
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                          [Don't be silly Sava. Of course you can dislike a team from your own city. Mets fans dislike the Yankees (and vice versa). You want to be the best team in the city. Screw the other team!
                          There are many Cub fans who hate the Sox, and many Sox fans who hate the Cubs. While I can understand, I think it's just silly. Maybe if they played in the same league...

Until interleague play occured, the only way they would ever meet was in the World Series... and since neither team has been in a WS for ages...

I root for both teams. When the two teams play each other, I do root for the Cubs... unless the Cubs are totally out of it, and the White Sox need wins to stay in the hunt. My White Sox friends used to always abuse me, until they were reminded that I had probably been to more White Sox games then they have.

It is possible to root for both teams... but there is a lot of hate and tradition in this town. I'm personally on Sava's side... I love baseball, and want ANY Chicago team to win. But many people in Chicago agree with you.
                          Keep on Civin'

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

Don't be silly Sava. Of course you can dislike a team from your own city. Mets fans dislike the Yankees (and vice versa). You want to be the best team in the city. Screw the other team!
                            Yup. City pride on the line.

If anyone but thye Yankees win in the AL, it better be the White Soxs. Screw the Angels, and kill the damn Red Soxs
                            If you don't like reality, change it! me
                            "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                            "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                            "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

White Sox

The (White) Sox are going to sweep this one. Contreras, Buehrle, and then Garland - all making pretty big steps in the last few weeks towards improved pitching.
                              <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
                                The (White) Sox are going to sweep this one. Contreras, Buehrle, and then Garland - all making pretty big steps in the last few weeks towards improved pitching.

The White Sox are down 4 - 0 in the 4th so far tonight
                                Keep on Civin'

Comment

Working...
                                X