No announcement yet.

MLB - Postseason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HOME RUN!!! Bottom of the 18th!! Burke wins it for the Astros!!!

Braves choke again!
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Amazing. Had to essentially play 2 games to decide it. Good on Houston. Atlanta continues their tradition.

Comment

Atlanta sucks!
        "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
        "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
        "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
        "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

damn...

now the NLCS is St. Louis and Houston

ick...

well I will be rooting for the AL team this year I think... probably even if it's the Yankees. But hopefully the Angels will win against them.

GO WHITE SOX
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

dejon: well, the tradition had been Atlanta bringing in their starters late in the game to close it over the Astros

Sava: Don't blame the Astros....Bush isn't really a Texan
            "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Music to my ears.

Now we just need Chacon & Mussina to pitch us into the ALCS, and life will be perfect.
              CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
              Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
              Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
              Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

Originally posted by reismark
                Music to my ears.

Now we just need Chacon & Mussina to pitch us into the ALCS, and life will be perfect.
                Um ... you're relying on Chacon to get you into the ALCS?

Oh, that's right, that's why i'm hoping the Yanks get in.
                [/whitesoxfan]
                <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by Apocalypse
                  dejon: well, the tradition had been Atlanta bringing in their starters late in the game to close it over the Astros

I was referring to their tradition of always good enough for the playoffs, almost never having the heart to win it all:

Playoff appearances (20): 1914, 1948, 1957, 1958, 1969, 1982, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005

World Series championships won (3): 1914, 1957, 1995

Comment

Yeah, but they had been winning the first round in a lot of those.

Comment

• Originally posted by Apocalypse

my hatred of the Astros isn't related to my hatred of Bush...

although my dislike of Texas has a little to do with it...

the Astros are division rivals of the Cubs (my favorite team)

and plus, they have Roger Clemens (asshat) and that GODDAMN STUPID ANNOYING FKCING TRAIN HORN in their stadium (formerly named ENRON field)

so I pray the NLCS goes 7 games, each game going over 14 innings and all the teams' players getting tired and injured so the White SOx can beat the NL team in the World Series easily

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• I don't think the white sox need that sort of advantage to win the world series They're a better playoff team than they were a regular season team, tbh, and if Podsednik can remember how to steal bases they'll be a killer team. And they seem to have regained their early season form ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Sava

my hatred of the Astros isn't related to my hatred of Bush...

although my dislike of Texas has a little to do with it...

the Astros are division rivals of the Cubs (my favorite team)

and plus, they have Roger Clemens (asshat) and that GODDAMN STUPID ANNOYING FKCING TRAIN HORN in their stadium (formerly named ENRON field)

so I pray the NLCS goes 7 games, each game going over 14 innings and all the teams' players getting tired and injured so the White SOx can beat the NL team in the World Series easily

1. Cubs wouldn't win if they were the only team in the division...they are content with losing.
                          2. Roger Clemens is a really nice guy who does tons of volunteer work.
                          3. Although Enron sucks, they did contribute a **** ton of money to the community.
                          4. You're just scared of trains.

Comment

• Originally posted by Apocalypse

1. Cubs wouldn't win if they were the only team in the division...they are content with losing.
                            2. Roger Clemens is a really nice guy who does tons of volunteer work.
                            3. Although Enron sucks, they did contribute a **** ton of money to the community.
                            4. You're just scared of trains.
                            1. Correct. The Tribune Company is content with making insane amounts of money because the fan base is full of morons who go to the games just to get drunk.

2. He is an asshat who is probably on roids or human growth hormone. Another one of these aging stars who has a second prime and is in really good physical shape.

3. probably less than a tenth of a percent of what they stole from people

4. no I love trains... I hate annoying horns... like in Minnesota, whenever the Vikings score a first down...

and seriously what does a train have do to with the Astros? nothing... it should be a rocket blasting off or something...

it's like the Cubs playing a sound of a tiger or a bird or something...

IT DOESN'T BELONG!!!
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• The location of Minute Maid Park used to be the main train station in Houston.

If Clemens used roids he'd be like Bonds or Bagwell right now and injured.

Comment

• Not necessarily. Pitchers don't use the same steriods as those guys - and old pitchers don't need a whole lot to stay around, there are a lot of semilegal stuff that helps a lot in terms of decreasing fragility, increasing flexibility and tendon/ligament strength (some of it 'in theory', like Glucosamine & Chondroitin, which is certainly not illegal). Clemens wouldn't really use a muscle enhancing steroid (testosterone related), but might use a HGH related drug, some of those can help aging stars without the serious injury problems ...

Comment

Working...
                                X