Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *sighs*

Fricking Angels.

White Sox/Astros should be a really good World Series, no?
    CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
    Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
    Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
    Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

• Ah, Reismark... wrong again with the Yankees
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• It seems we may have a rarity this year... a World Series between the best in the AL and the best in the NL. It can easily be St. Louis vs. Chicago. Houston doesn't look as good as last year, and LAAoA may have lost Colon for the series.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
          It seems we may have a rarity this year... a World Series between the best in the AL and the best in the NL. It can easily be St. Louis vs. Chicago. Houston doesn't look as good as last year, and LAAoA may have lost Colon for the series.
          As long as the CWS can get over their west-coast issues, they'll be fine in that game; and StL is going to murder Houston.

This WS should be great ... LaRussa managing a big-gun team with some outstanding pitchers who are performing at the top of their game, versus the smallball White Sox and some equally outstanding pitchers.

Quite a turnabout, isn't it? AL team being the bunt-and-steal team, and the NL team being the hard hitter? (Not that the Cardinals don't smallball sometimes, and Konerko hit just a few HRs this year... but the general theme of the teams)
          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Originally posted by Apocalypse
            Nolan Ryan was able to stay around a long time and still be good.
            Roger Clemens' ERA has gone down a full point in each of the last 3 seasons...

the opposite happened in Ryan's last 3 seasons...

and Clemens is not just lowereing his ERA from bad totals to average totals... we're talking like Dwight Gooden 1985 numbers... numbers that only happen once every decade or even less frequent.

it's all very suspicious to me...
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Hot off the wire...

Date line:
              10/11/05 8:35 AM
              Bristol

ESPN GOES DARK

At just before midnight last night eastern time, shortly after Matsui grounded out to end game 5, which New York eliminated from the play offs... ESPN mysteriously went off the air. Shortly there after, this ad was placed at the New York Times...

No official word has been announced yet explaining why ESPN is no longer broadcasting. Unofficial rumors blame technical problems.

However, an undisclosed source has provided some inside information. According to this source, who had been alledegly blackballed by ESPN because he announced on the air that both Boston and New York would not advance, the problem is not technical at all.

The problem started at the anchor desk of sports center. As Linda Cohen and Chris Berman were getting ready to do the post game Sports Center, they sat in total dismay as the east coast darling New York Yankees got eliminated from the playoffs. Linda Cohen openly wept as the game ended. Chris Berman stood up and walked away from the set. He could be heard mumbling, NOW WHAT THE **** DO WE TALK ABOUT... Baseball is done for the year... Linda Cohen could be heard whining... first Boston, now the Yankees...

Dan Patrick was called in as a replacement and given the highlights to read...
              He took one look, and started tearing up the script. "I can't do this" he was reported to scream. Angels vs the White Sox.... WHO CARES he yelled. And could somebody please tell me what the hell is an Astro... A camera man reported that Dan could be heard screaming "Let me know when you have some real news" as he left the studio.

The time is now 8:35 am eastern time, and ESPN is still off the air.
              Keep on Civin'
              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Well, as fun as a St. Louis- Chicago WS would be, the ratings would probably be low, even with Chicago being a major market.
                If you don't like reality, change it! me
                "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

• Originally posted by GePap
                  Well, as fun as a St. Louis- Chicago WS would be, the ratings would probably be low, even with Chicago being a major market.
                  True enough... But I will admit it is fun watching all the biased eastcoast media whores sucking wind this morning

I actually heard an ESPN announcer admit that maybe the White Sox are a good team
                  Keep on Civin'

Comment

• Originally posted by Sava
                    Roger Clemens' ERA has gone down a full point in each of the last 3 seasons...

the opposite happened in Ryan's last 3 seasons...

and Clemens is not just lowereing his ERA from bad totals to average totals... we're talking like Dwight Gooden 1985 numbers... numbers that only happen once every decade or even less frequent.

it's all very suspicious to me...
                    This isn't Clemens last season.
                    "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
                    "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
                    "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
                    "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

• Originally posted by Apocalypse

This isn't Clemens last season.
                      it will be if there is a god in heaven

but point being... even comparing Ryan's career, or any other aging veteran's career, even a superstar, no player has gone through a "second prime" the way Clemens has (except steroid FREAK barry bonds)...

I'm disappointed more than anything... Roger Clemens used to be one of my favorite players.

Ming
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Ming
                        Thanks... I wrote that for another site, and figured it was worth posting over here
                        Keep on Civin'

Comment

• Originally posted by Ming

Thanks... I wrote that for another site, and figured it was worth posting over here
                          you wrote that?

Excellent!
                          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

you wrote that?

Excellent!
                            Thanks... just something I rushed together this morning to make fun of the east coast biased sports media
                            Keep on Civin'

Comment

it will be if there is a god in heaven

but point being... even comparing Ryan's career, or any other aging veteran's career, even a superstar, no player has gone through a "second prime" the way Clemens has (except steroid FREAK barry bonds)...

I'm disappointed more than anything... Roger Clemens used to be one of my favorite players.

Ming
                              Well, you have to keep in mind Clemens switched leagues. Most people in the National League don't have too much experience with him yet (except for teams in the divsion....and the Cardinals are the only other good team and they did well against him). He still brings along a lot of experience. This means it's pretty easy for him to have an advantage. It's like how some rookie pitchers can get 12 shutout innings in the first couple starts.
                              "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
                              "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
                              "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
                              "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

• Well... at least the Sox are off to a better start tonight, up 1 - 0 after the first.

And even better... BOTH games on TV in Primetime.
                                Keep on Civin'

Comment

Working...
                                X