Lowlands Polymeet November 26/27th '05

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowlands Polymeet November 26/27th '05

I understand from the previous Euro meet thread that there were plans to hold a meet in Utrecht on the 25th-27th November. By a barely believable coincidence I happen to be in Amsterdam that weekend!

I will be in town from the saturday 26th morning through to monday 28th evening, and it would be really rather nice to meet up with our fellow Dutchies, especially the ones I didnt get the chance to meet last time

I would love to meet up for drinks on either the saturday or the sunday, although I cant do both days as I would not like to leave my friends alone for both days
    Safer worlds through superior firepower

Cool this gives the slackers who missed the Amsterdam meet a second chance

I'll PM CapTVK, Mercator, Paul, Atawa, and Germanos as well.

Comment

uhoh... So I guess I have to come now? I'll have to see... like all the last times. It's been a while since I've been to any 'Poly meets.
      Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

25th? I thought HCC was earlier this year? I planned a trip to Barcelona around that time, I hope I won't miss out again I'll have the check the exact date, I'm horrible when it comes to dates...
        Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

I checked and I'll be in Spain the weekend of the 18th. Should be available for the 25th.

Snotty, traditionally we have our HCC dagen meet in Utrecht on Friday night, I guess we'll have to reschedule a bit for you, I hope CapTVK isn't too sensitive about that Is Utrecht okay for you? It's a great city as well, certainly worth a visit and only 30 minutes from Amsterdam by train. Personally I wouldn't mind rescheduling it to Amsterdam though, if that works better.

Comment

We have an international visitor? Seems like we're starting to draw a crowd!

I don't mind rescheduling to saturday or sunday, although I do prefer the meet itself to be held in Utrecht. The HCC dagen are held there after all. Like Locutus said, it's a nice city to visit as well.
            Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Elie A. Shneour Skeptical Inquirer

Comment

Originally posted by CapTVK

I don't mind rescheduling to saturday or sunday, although I do prefer the meet itself to be held in Utrecht. The HCC dagen are held there after all. Like Locutus said, it's a nice city to visit as well.
              There were FOUR of us about three weeks ago. You missed out.
              One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by CapTVK
                Civ4 will be out by then, remind me to start a thread about this in the Civ4 forum around the 10th or so, see if we can attract some other Dutchies. We might actually finally break that record */famous last words*

Comment

You'll have to break that record without me. Unfortunately I won't be able to come to Utrecht that weekend.

Comment

am i the only dutch guy that was thinking first of the lowlands festival before understanding what this thread was about?
                    Bunnies!
                    Welcome to the DBTSverse!
                    God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
                    'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

Dammit, another EuroPolyMeet when I'm at an AIESEC conference. There's only 6 a year, you'd think you could avoid them!
                      Smile
                      For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
                      But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Originally posted by DeathByTheSword
                        am i the only dutch guy that was thinking first of the lowlands festival before understanding what this thread was about?
                        Yeah, I was confused as well and wanted to point out he was a bit late

Comment

Originally posted by DeathByTheSword
                          Nope. I'm still recovering from last August so I thought WTF?

Snotty, I got your PM but I don't know yet if I can make it that weekend.
                          Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
                          And notifying the next of kin
                          Once again...

Comment

The first I ever heard of Lowlands festival was Huiej's pictures!

AIESEC sounds like....fun (it does actually)

Ive never been to Utrecht

Comment

Its cool man

Comment

Working...
                              X