Second danish soldier killed in Iraq

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chemical Ollie
    The first one was killed by his buddy in a major fock-up, along with a bunch of innocent Iraqis.

At least the Danish had the decency to pay damage to the iraqi victims' families and apologize to the village elders. They also sent CSI experts from home to investigate what went wrong. We have yet to hear about US soldiers doing that when they fock up.
    "A bunch" is a little unprecise - it was two dead and one wounded.

Of course there was an investigation - the incident wasn't part of a battle but merely police work that went wrong. Besides placing possible blame, the second prime reason to make an investigation is to avoid the same in the future.

Same will happen with todays incident.
    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Comment

I don't know what you two are sad about - the policies that you support virtually guarantee at least some Danish body bags...
        Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

I still think Denmark's support for the american crimes has something to do with the Germans.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat

"A bunch" is a little unprecise - it was two dead and one wounded.
            Yes, a bunch

Of course there was an investigation ---
            You never see those words in America. That's my point.
            So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
            Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Originally posted by Chemical Ollie

At least the Danish had the decency to pay damage to the iraqi victims' families and apologize to the village elders. They also sent CSI experts from home to investigate what went wrong. We have yet to hear about US soldiers doing that when they fock up.
              ACtually US soldiers do do this on a regular basis.
              We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by MOBIUS
                I don't know what you two are sad about - the policies that you support virtually guarantee at least some Danish body bags...
                Ahh, good to see you - for a moment or two I actually worried if some accident had happend to you due to you silence. Glad to see I was wrong

When you say "you two" I guess that you mean Winston and me. Well, I'll let Winston say what he wants, but I think that he agrees with me that of course the danish policy has the risk of loss of danish troops. I think that he also agrees in that both the danish governemt and danish soldiers are aware of this risk. Does being aware of this kind of risk exclude you from felleing sad when it becomes reality ? No, of course it doesn't.

I guess that you find it totally incomprehensible that both government and soldiers think that it's worth to take a risk protecting other people from harm instead of ignoring what happens. I don't know why, but I have the idea that you know danish - I think that the nicest way of describing you is "en struds der stikker hovedet i en busk".
                With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

something concerning shoemakerboys

Comment

Originally posted by Bereta_Eder
                    I still think Denmark's support for the american crimes has something to do with the Germans.
                    I'm a little confused. Denmark neither kissed german or french butt when those countries didn't want to act responsible.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

I mean from WW2

Comment

something concerning shoemakerboys
                        Ohh, I understand - it isn't ouzo but that other stuff wich I can't remember the name of

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Tsipouro?

Naw...
                          i'm just jolly like that naturally

Comment

Tsipouro?

Naw...
                            i'm just jolly like that naturally
                            Are you claiming that you are sober ? nah, don't belive you

Though, still don't get the german connection - only 12.000 joined the germans in WWII.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Nah, not quite - there are still 485 soldiers left to continue their good work. Soon 45 more will join them.
                              And there´s that submarine that patrols...ehrm what does it do actually? And sorry for the deaths, but that´s part of the deal when you fight for Freedom and Democracy™
                              I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Though, still don't get the german connection - only 12.000 joined the germans in WWII.
                                Well to be honest I don't know. I try to understand why the countries which support US do that. The most common reason is that US and their interests coincide. I'd even go as far as saying that that's almost a 100% of the cases.

Probably it is the case of Denmark as well. Then the second question is why do those interests coincide? For example with the UK it's easy to understand. With Denmark it's not so easy. So I was wondering that perhaps there's a "spiritual" connection to the US there as well as there is between US-UK. So maybe it has to do with WW2 and the role of the americans in it? Vis a vis your neighboors the Germans.

I mean it's strange. You're Scandinavia and yet you are the only one who supports the US. Kind of like Holland in the underwater countries. Anyway, it is always interesting to search those questions.

Comment

Working...
                                X