Second danish soldier killed in Iraq

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second danish soldier killed in Iraq

One soldier was killed, two serious wounded and one with smaller wounds today when a roadside bomb was detonated.

Doesn't seem to have hit an english newsite, so only a danish link :

En dansk soldat er blevet dræbt og to andre såret af en bombe i det sydlige Irak. Irakisk politi oplyser, at en vejsidebombe eksploderede, mens et dansk militærkøretøj passerede.

A majority of the danish politicians has stated their sorrow of the loss, but also stated that danish forces are going to stay at least to next summer.
    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

so that's it for your presence there?

Comment

Originally posted by Bereta_Eder
      so that's it for your presence there?
      meaning ?
      With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

there goes your whole force!

Comment

Denmark should invade the US.

Comment

After New Orleans I think they can take her.

Comment

Originally posted by Bereta_Eder
              there goes your whole force!
              Nah, not quite - there are still 485 soldiers left to continue their good work. Soon 45 more will join them.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

What is his family saying?

Comment

Probably something in some odd tongue, the meaning of which we cannot grasp.

Comment

I'm always sorry to hear news like this.
                    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by VetLegion
                      What is his family saying?
                      Probably what every family will say when loosing someone.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Yeah. "What did we do wrong with this one?"

Comment

I mean - are they pissed at the government?

Obviously the guy didn't know he'll end up in Iraq when he joined the force.

Comment

Originally posted by VetLegion
                            I mean - are they pissed at the government?

Obviously the guy didn't know he'll end up in Iraq when he joined the force.
                            Thought you meant that but preferred you asked.

Danish soldiers going abroad is volounteers, so they know that there is a risk to be send out when joining.

Before Yoguslavia several had volounteered to get the financial benefits and was schocked when they were called for duty. Since then, it's clearly known that there are a real chance that you may be called and that there is a risk of being killed (we lost a number of men in yoguslavia - can't remember precicely how many at the moment).

I don't say that the family may not be pissed on the government, and I won't blame them if they are, but I doubt because it was a known risk.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

The first one was killed by his buddy in a major fock-up, along with a bunch of innocent Iraqis.

At least the Danish had the decency to pay damage to the iraqi victims' families and apologize to the village elders. They also sent CSI experts from home to investigate what went wrong. We have yet to hear about US soldiers doing that when they fock up.
                              So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                              Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Working...
                              X