Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cincinnati Bengals: Next New NFL Dynasty?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MOBIUS View Post
    Before the season started I predicted a 10-6 season for my beloved Bengals, now I'm tempted to upgrade that to 12-4 - the same as the 1988 team that went to the Superbowl...

Now even I am realistic enough to doubt they will actually go all the way this year, having to get past Indy, NE and Pittsburgh just to even get to the Superbowl - but what about next year, and the year after that, and the year after that...?

You heard it from me first.
    In another thread, Mobius, dared someone to find a quote he said at any time, no one would because they said they were too lazy.

I searched, didn't find what I was looking for, but did find this dead-on balls accurate prediction from Mobius.

ACK!
    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Ye gods, at 1st I thought this was a new thread!
      I'm consitently stupid- Japher
      I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

--> sports forum (still exists, doesnt it?)- or you´ll see me spam about the ´TSG Hoffenheim 1899´ here very soon. It´s enough to have half the threads be about american interior politics or some celebs no reasonable person outside the US will ever care about, but please spare us non-us-ians with football, baseball and ice-hockey threads. Same goes for any other country´s sports, as long as it does not deal with it in the greater context of some international championship tournament. None of you would like to be bothered with the pointless discussion of wether Schalke or Dortmund is the better soccer club, now would you? Just my opinion. Thx.

Comment

Originally posted by Unimatrix11 View Post
          --> sports forum (still exists, doesnt it?)- or you´ll see me spam about the ´TSG Hoffenheim 1899´ here very soon. It´s enough to have half the threads be about american interior politics or some celebs no reasonable person outside the US will ever care about, but please spare us non-us-ians with football, baseball and ice-hockey threads. Same goes for any other country´s sports, as long as it does not deal with it in the greater context of some international championship tournament. None of you would like to be bothered with the pointless discussion of wether Schalke or Dortmund is the better soccer club, now would you? Just my opinion. Thx.
          When this thread was created, there was no sports forum.

ACK!
          Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Nah, I think this stays here. It isn't a sports thread, it's a "pour scorn on Mobius" thread (at his request, above).
            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

I think too much of Mobius to attack his impeccable charater, hes a really gentle soul and while his fixation for Ben Kenobi is blatantly obvious, we should embrace Mobius for his many contributions to Apolyton
              Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Originally posted by Unimatrix11 View Post
                pointless discussion of wether Schalke or Dortmund is the better soccer club, now would you?
                Schalke are, there is no need for any discussion.

Now can we get back to poking fun at MOBIUS?

Comment

Originally posted by Tuberski View Post
                  In another thread, Mobius, dared someone to find a quote he said at any time, no one would because they said they were too lazy.

I searched, didn't find what I was looking for, but did find this dead-on balls accurate prediction from Mobius.

ACK!
                  Busted all over the shop!

Still, it is interesting that you had to go back over 3 years to find me wrong about something...
                  Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Originally posted by MOBIUS View Post
                    Before the season started I predicted a 10-6 season for my beloved Bengals, now I'm tempted to upgrade that to 12-4 - the same as the 1988 team that went to the Superbowl...

Now even I am realistic enough to doubt they will actually go all the way this year, having to get past Indy, NE and Pittsburgh just to even get to the Superbowl - but what about next year, and the year after that, and the year after that...?

You heard it from me first.

BUT!

Lets explore my disastrous prediction, shall we...?

As we were all gearing up for the Apolyton Fantasy Melonball competition in '05, I predicted my beloved Bengals would go 10-6 and was laughed off the forums by virtually everyone taking part (that was the year us Euros me and Zop did the double over all you Yanks in both the Fantasy leagues, wasn't it? )...

Then, after only three games into the season (notice date of post 1st Oct 2005), I revised my 10-6 prediction to 12-4. Which, considering the Bengals went 11-5 including losing the last two games of the season, makes my Limey-assed pick pretty uncannily crystal ball-like in its accuracy...

======================

Then, everything went tits up and came off the rails in the offseason when that evil Pittsburgh lineman ****ed Palmer's knee and nearly toasted his career.

So yes, I wonder what might have happened otherwise...

Comment

F the Bengals and there one season of decency. F them to hell.
                      You've just proven signature advertising works!

Comment

Harsh.

============

I had a laugh at the Superbowl party here in Cardiff. Obviously I proudly wore my Bengals shirt, and some guy came up and started giving me grief about my team and how **** they were, 4-1-11 etc, etc. Fair enough I thought, but he was starting to be a dick about it, so I asked him which team he supported and he said the Redskins.

Didn't like it when I reminded him that although we were **** - at least we beat his team this year! That ****ed him.

Comment

Welsh Super Bowl parties
                          Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyKP View Post
                            Super Bowl parties
                            We had a fantastic time in Leeds, although I probably ate too many tortilla chips.
                            Still got into work for 11.30 the next morning, despite going to sleep (on my mate's couch under the thinnest possible blanket, so not much sleep) at 3.30 outside of a fair few ales.

Comment

Ours was at our local cavernously huge Walkabout where we (Cobras and South Wales Warriors and raised a ****load of money for our teams) hired out the whole bottom floor sports bar area. It has a huuuuge projector screen on wall and easily about 20 32" plasmas throughout the rest of the area.

We had easily at least 200 people there for £2 pints of Coors (oh well, it's an American night...), cheap Vodka Red Bulls and Jager Bombs, a pre game Cheerleader show (that's about 40 Hot Uni girls - the Snake Charmers), a Madden competition on PS3...

It was Da Bomb! Had an awesome night and got to catch up with loads of my ex-team mates!

So yeah, Welsh Superbowl parties!

And I managed it in for work later in the morning too.

Comment

Sounds like my league's softball post-season party, that I was unable to attend this year due to visiting my girlfriend for my birthday. I'm sure a great time was had by all, except for Cardinals fans.

Comment

Working...
                                X