Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cincinnati Bengals: Next New NFL Dynasty?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cincinnati Bengals: Next New NFL Dynasty?

Before the season started I predicted a 10-6 season for my beloved Bengals, now I'm tempted to upgrade that to 12-4 - the same as the 1988 team that went to the Superbowl...

Now even I am realistic enough to doubt they will actually go all the way this year, having to get past Indy, NE and Pittsburgh just to even get to the Superbowl - but what about next year, and the year after that, and the year after that...?

You heard it from me first.
    Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

That defense is getting old...

Comment

what are you smoking MOBIUS?
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Bengals

Carson Palmer is no Ken Anderson, but he has the potential to be. When he gets to his prime... watch out.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

They're doing good this year... but Dynasty?

I'm going to the GB game
          Monkey!!!

Comment

They've won three games in a row - great, but it's not going to last. They'll have a winning record, I think, but it's just realizing the potential they had... Not yet good enough to be major postseason contenders, I think.
            "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
            Drake Tungsten
            "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
            Albert Speer

Comment

They are playing Houston this week too... I think 4-0 is coming..
              Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

I understand you're talking about the Bengals, but it's usually better to talk about a dyansty when the team has three superbowl wins, not three regular season wins...
                "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

Detroit is number 1 in the NFC North, Dynasty baby!!
                  Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Please follow the example of the Football fans and combine your girlie sports threads into one!

There is no need for multiple Handmelon threads!

Comment

Teh Purple people eaters will eat yo people Mobius!

Go Vikings!

Comment

Originally posted by duke o' york
                        Teh Purple people eaters will eat yo people Mobius!

Go Vikings!
                        You mean these Vikings?

Comment

No, a similar, but entirely different, Vikings.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalius
                            That defense is getting old...
                            Average NFL experience of a tad over 5 years for the starters - sounds like a perfect combination of experience and youth to me...

You will also find that the older players are all recent free agent acquisitions since Marvin Lewis took over, with proven playoff experience - all the youngsters are high round draft picks during a time that Cincy has been well placed to pick the cream of the crop...

Comment

Aw come on guys, this is the perfect opportunity to pour scorn and take the piss...

I can't believe you haven't taken it!

Originally posted by monolith94
                              They've won three games in a row - great, but it's not going to last. They'll have a winning record, I think, but it's just realizing the potential they had... Not yet good enough to be major postseason contenders, I think.
                              I think you're wrong. These guys are here to stay, they've been threatening to have winning seasons for a couple of years now and I think this is the year that they will make that breakthrough, maybe not going all the way to the superbowl - but carrying that momentum through to the next season...

Basically I think you guys all agree with me, otherwise you'd be laughing me out of the forum...

Comment

Working...
                              X