Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When did this happen, and why is it necessary?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by duke o' york
    Means the same thing I'm afraid.
    Sorry, did I post that? One over the eight I'm afraid. Sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Colon
      No. Legalism.
      Employers now make laws?? Silly me, I thought that was the job of the Legislature.

Comment

What I mean by that is an excessive tendancy on handling everything via judicial processes, rather than informally. (not blaming employers for that)
        DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Ah, litigation!

...As an aside, I wondered what would have happened if Mrs. T would have said, "Okay, I'll give you a cup of my pee but first, you give me a cup of your pee."

Her boss would have probably glared at her and replied, "Oh girl, urine trouble."

Comment

Company policy here, too. Anyone reports an injury, they have to take a drug test.

There's pretty good reasons why it's required, and especially for people in positions like nursing.
            Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Yeah, I know some nurses and they all have all their drawers stuffed with pills they pillfered. Nurses ought to have to pee daily.

Comment

I've been doing workman's comp for a long, long time. In a variety of industries drug screening employees involved in accidents has been general policy since Reagan began the "Drug Free Workplace" program nearly 2 decades ago.
                "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov
                  Company policy here, too. Anyone reports an injury, they have to take a drug test.

There's pretty good reasons why it's required, and especially for people in positions like nursing.
                  First of all let me be the first to say that i didnt want to report the fall. I figured hell ill be alright. then the mucky muck in the OR said i have to report it, I asked again, why i am fine i dont want to make a ****ing big deal out of this. I never asked to see a doctor they are not going to be sued so why am i having to pee in a cup? For crying out loud it was at 930 in the am and i had already been at work for 4 hours. Its **** if you ask me this policy crap I dont have to worry bout what they find cause the only thign there would be benadryl and that is ot illegal.
                  When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
                  "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
                  Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Dizle
                    Yeah, I know some nurses and they all have all their drawers stuffed with pills they pillfered. Nurses ought to have to pee daily.
                    Your so funny i am not really laughing. by the way i dont work in an area were i push drugs or can get them tyvm . Nor do i do them so it doesnt matter I am not goning to take up for allthe nurses cause i happen to know of one in particular that might need to hord all the patients pills and take them her self just to gain a slight personality
                    When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.

Comment

mrs tubes you can't fool us, we know you are really worse than pablo escobar...

DEA agents should be arriving at your house within a few minutes

don't blame tubes, he won't wait for you... you are going away for life you criminal drug pusher!!!
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Mrs. T,

The same thing has happened in our workplace, and I find it to be wack as well.
                        We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Ok so if you dont or plan on saying i am disabled and need workmans comp why must u pee in the cup. I dont get the jist of what the hell they were getting at.

Comment

Yeah I think they are just trying to protect themselves in case in the future you decide to sue them.
                            We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

This whole thing was crap. I got the notice from my agency today. The piss test was clean I am like yeah why wouldnt it be. Then they ask me if i need to see the er dr. I said good lord this is friday night this happened thursday morning if i wanted to see a doc would have already done so already]

Comment

I have never sued any one in my life i am not going to start now. The idea is to much work and effort for a long batle over half of no money

Comment

Working...
                                X