Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When did this happen, and why is it necessary?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When did this happen, and why is it necessary?

OK so I was at work yesterday and just he humming along. I went in a O.R. to help the other nurses in the room to get the patients wound dressed and the room cleanded to start the next case which was going to be mine. Well As i was Dressing the patients shoulder after an arthoscopic procedure where a lot of water is involved and can pool on the floor, another nurse by accident drops a metal tray on the floor. Mind you this tray was 5 feet high and went crashing to the floor. With that startle and not realizing i was in a puddle of water I Stepped back and I slipped and fell right on my ass.
    Mind you I am an agency nurse that just signed a contract with this hospital to work just for them for the next 9 months. Well i was told that i need to report this to the employee nurse. So I said ok. The gave me the paper work and asked if i would be able to do the next case or if i needed to go now. well My ass and leg hurt but other then that i was ok, so I thought. During this case my back started to tense up. After the case i told my supervisor that i am going to go the the nurse now. so i get there and fill out all the paper work and then handed a form for a piss test. I ASKED why do i need to do this?
    I have never been hurt on a job so i didnt know that this is policy. When did this happen and why is it necessary?
    When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
    "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
    Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

They want to know if you, the pisser, was pissed.

They're also taking same.

Comment

This is routine. Whenever you get hurt, they give you a drug test, so that if you were on drugs when you got hurt, the injury will be your fault, not their's.
      I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

They've been tightening up the requirements on workman comp cases. I didn't know they had gone this far.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I told them i didnt need to see a doctor so there is no worksmans comp here. Even with that being said i still did the drug test. I dont know why this is necessary. Geez guys this fall happened at 8 3o am I am not likely to be drunk for gods sake and i dont use the other stuff so i know i have nothing to worry about. but this is insane i had to sit an extra hour waiting for when i could pee. Hell man i should have just seen a doc and gotten some pain killers out of the deal. rather then sitting in a hard chair.
          When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
          "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
          Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

That sucks! it shouldnt be that way
            Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

fascism
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Somewhere, some time, some other nurse had some type of accident, didn't fill a form or get tested, was piss drunk or stoned and for some reason a hospital had to pay. So now they do this.

OR (and this is just as likely)

Somewhere, some time, some lawyer figured that the above might someday happen and got rich cowering hospitals into adopting this new procedure that he just created to "protect" them.
                What?

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
                  fascism
                  No. Legalism.
                  DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Originally posted by Colon

No. Legalism.
                    fascism sounds meaner
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Means the same thing I'm afraid.

Comment

ehhh... not necessarily...

although...

fascism does encompass legalism... but to an extreme...

this is silly though, my original post was facetious in nature
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Mine was serious. But fascism encompassing legalism, what the hell are you talking about?
                          DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

encompass means to include
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X